Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: King Cobra coming 2019

Feedback Score
    I had a 6 inch King Cobra back in the mid 90's. Decent gun but the trigger out of the box was awful. Ended up selling it and grabbing a SW 586 instead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good to see someone trying at least to bring a new revolver to the market.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That revolver looks on par with Charter Arms quality. $900 for that? no way. I paid less than $900 for My Colt 357, and .357 Colt Trooper combined within the last few years. That would be the direction I would look if I wanted a "Colt" revolver because this doesn't appear to be it..

Feedback Score
    Agreed.

I guess if I want the kind of quality I’m looking for in a DA revolver it’s going to be a Korth or Manurhin.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had one of the early .38 cobras. It had a good trigger and was finished well enough. Comparing it to a Charter seems a bit much---but obviously this is no Korth. Hopefully they will come out with the 2 Inch .357s with the bead blast finish for a little less. Also, hopefully someone makes some laser grips for these things.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Another nice pic I found over at pistol forum. http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/...0119/?page=102
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I had one of the early .38 cobras. It had a good trigger and was finished well enough. Comparing it to a Charter seems a bit much---but obviously this is no Korth. Hopefully they will come out with the 2 Inch .357s with the bead blast finish for a little less. Also, hopefully someone makes some laser grips for these things.
    I hope the quality is high, and the photos don’t do the revolver justice. I fully realize that I’m in the minority of gun buyers and what I’m looking for is such a narrow niche that Colt’s isn’t going to be too concerned with my wants.

The new Cobra is probably a good little revolver for the vast majority of buyers and the realistic use they will put them through.

I’d love to see Colt’s introduce a viable replacement to the Python quality revolver with more modern lock work. Sadly this wish will not be fulfilled.

Feedback Score
    This wheelgun is now on the Colt's website. Comparing pictures shows how the frame is thicker both above and below the cylinder, compared to the current .38 Cobra. So it will be a heavier gun than just a Cobra with a longer barrel.

Feedback Score
    .... and marketed as a collectible firearm. Yeah sure, because a generic Charter Arms looking DA revolver with MIM everything and a pony on the side is going to set the collector market on fire!

This is really marketing speak for: “Not duty suitable, or intended for frequent use. Please don’t shoot more than a box of ammo through this gun please.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Anyway...

It looks like it will be 3 inches so that should give it a full length ejector rod. Also, it is going to come in around 10 oz (possibly more) lighter than a 686.

The profile shot on the Colt web sight makes this gun look amazing. I am going to have a hard time resisting one of these. I hope they come out with a night cobra model soon. https://www.colt.com

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast