Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: King Cobra coming 2019

Feedback Score
    Is it any better than a stainless S&W K frame .357?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    There are certainly some traits I prefer right out of the gate (although who knows long term?)

1. It appears to weight 6 or so oz less even with a .25 inch longer barrel. That's more than the weight of an Aimpoint T-2 with mount. This means it will ultimately be more comfortable to carry.
    2. It doesn't have the obnoxious Hillary hole. Many don't care, but all of my J-frames are lockless because I can't abide them in any gun I might carry for self-defense.
    3. My suspicion is that it has a better trigger out of the box. I know my old Colt Cobra was better out of the box than my old 686, but I haven't played with the new release K-frames.
    4. I suspect the sights on the Cobra will be more robust for actual carry than the adjustable models on the K. Of course, that can be replaced with a Cylinder and Slide fixed rear but that will necessitate getting a new front sight, and that is generally a gunsmith option on the smith because you will have to get a special height front sight and drill the hole yourself for the roll pin. Annoying.

These are a few things. But ultimately, we will have to see.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Handled one today as I was fuming about my canted Performance Center barrel. Better trigger on the King Cobra than a PC S&W gun, and better even than the Kimber. I am second guessing S&W altogether after playing with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Handled one today as I was fuming about my canted Performance Center barrel. Better trigger on the King Cobra than a PC S&W gun, and better even than the Kimber. I am second guessing S&W altogether after playing with it.
    That's what I thought after I fondled my first Cobra.......

The moment I pressed the trigger I thought OMG S&W is screwed if Colt expands the line up and down.

That coming from a die hard K frame fan is something indeed.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    They revealed a 2" barreled and spurless hammer model at the NRAAM.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    These will be interesting, I'm not familiar with Colt's revolvers but this is built on their D frame, a bit smaller than the S&W K/L frame.
    https://revolverguy.com/field-report...lt-king-cobra/

Feedback Score
    I bought the 2" factory bobbed version last weekend and have 150 rounds down range through it so far. It's basically what I have been hoping would come along for a while now. As I have always been a Smith guy, I almost bought a 686 a couple times but the overall size and weight put me off. I won't even mention the Hillary hole.

The Colt has a few things going for it. First off, it has a fantastic trigger. Secondly, it's all bombproof. Say what you want about the trench sights but they are as rugged as it comes and are well regulated at 7-10 yards. Next, while it doesn't look so hot in photos but it's a down right sexy gun in person. Lastly I dig the cylinder release. I have a an old Smith 29 where the ejector rod can't stay put and backs out all the time resulting in a locked up cylinder. The Colt's release being a rearward pull affair won't have this issue. The size and weight are on par with my "sold" Glock 19. It will make a fine carry gun once suitable leather hits the market. All in all I couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    Double tap...for some odd reason.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerguns View Post
    Double tap...for some odd reason.
    Colts are worth doubling tapping

Feedback Score
    I agree about it having a very fine trigger, with just a hint of the old-timey Colt stacking when pulling it in DA mode.
    But I do not agree about it being a D-Frame model. The Cobra (2-inch) from last year seems to be a D-Frame, but this King Cobra is a bit larger and heavier. I think it closer to the Official Police frame.

Bart Noir

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast