Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subjective opinions: Dedicated Glcok mag lower versus adapters...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Subjective opinions: Dedicated Glcok mag lower versus adapters...

It seems that the Glock mag adapters from Stern defense, Sylvan Arms, and ATI are good enough that the dedicated lower may not have any benefit anymore? Opinions?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    QC10: Smooth. Clean. Takes Magpul & ETS mags. Wonky LRBHO.

Stern: Works well including LRBHO. A little sticky when loading due to non smooth magwell. Easy to install. Magpul & ETS mags generally don't fit.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I bought one of these for $550. I have about 500 rounds of assorted 9mm through it using factory and Magpul mags. I am very impressed. It was cheaper to buy this than build it from parts. Brownells also sells FM products lowers, uppers

www.primaryarms.com/foxtrot-mike-fm9-side-charging-9mm-ar-pistol-primary-arms-exclusive
    Last edited by signal4l; 12-29-18 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kind of bringing this back for semi-dead.

Have any of you seen the MEAN Endomag? https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

We are excited and pleased to introduce the MEAN EndoMag™. This product is a magazine insert that converts your Gen 2 or Gen 3 5.56/.223 PMAG® housing into a 9mm magazine to use with a standard AR lower and 9mm upper of your choosing with a Glock or Colt variant 9mm BCG.

Here is a list of features the Mean Arms 9mm Magazine Adapter are as follows:

Quickly and easily change calibers from .223/5.56 to a caliber associated with the EndoMag in a Magpul 30-round 5.56x45 PMAGsⓇ (Gen 2 and 3)
    Functions as a magazine!
    No magwell adapter needed!
    Keep your standard 5.56 Multi Caliber lower receiver!
    Comes fully assembled.
    No tools required.
    Keep all your PMAGsⓇ in use, no need to buy additional or specific 9mm magazines.
    Keep your muscle-memory reload-training the same between calibers! Same magazine, same draw, same feel.
    No learning curve when reloading because it is the same magazine you already use!
    Use most of your PMAGⓇ accessories: i.e. mag pouches, storage racks, decals, caliber indicators, etc.
    Not a picky eater. Shoots all 9mm munitions. Hollow points included.

Key Functions

No modifications to your 5.56x45 lower! Changing calibers is now simply a complete 9mm upper for your AR platform. No nuts, no bolts, no drilling, no bull.
    Last round bolt-hold open feature, just as an AR15 should function.
    Built-in ejector designed to perform under intense conditions.
    Convert your 5.56x45 PMAGⓇ to 9mm in seconds, and easily convert back to 5.56 without damaging your PMAGⓇ. No permanent changes to anything!
    Specially formulated polymer.

My comment: A little expensive, priced at 1 kit for $29.99 or 3 kits for $79.99. But less expensive than the Stern or ATI magwell inserts.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm actually super interested in the Endo mag but I am concerned by reports that the ejector is weak and easily damaged and worn out very quickly.

TED

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Kind of bringing this back for semi-dead.

Have any of you seen the MEAN Endomag? https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

We are excited and pleased to introduce the MEAN EndoMag™. This product is a magazine insert that converts your Gen 2 or Gen 3 5.56/.223 PMAG® housing into a 9mm magazine to use with a standard AR lower and 9mm upper of your choosing with a Glock or Colt variant 9mm BCG.

Here is a list of features the Mean Arms 9mm Magazine Adapter are as follows:

Quickly and easily change calibers from .223/5.56 to a caliber associated with the EndoMag in a Magpul 30-round 5.56x45 PMAGsⓇ (Gen 2 and 3)
    Functions as a magazine!
    No magwell adapter needed!
    Keep your standard 5.56 Multi Caliber lower receiver!
    Comes fully assembled.
    No tools required.
    Keep all your PMAGsⓇ in use, no need to buy additional or specific 9mm magazines.
    Keep your muscle-memory reload-training the same between calibers! Same magazine, same draw, same feel.
    No learning curve when reloading because it is the same magazine you already use!
    Use most of your PMAGⓇ accessories: i.e. mag pouches, storage racks, decals, caliber indicators, etc.
    Not a picky eater. Shoots all 9mm munitions. Hollow points included.

Key Functions

No modifications to your 5.56x45 lower! Changing calibers is now simply a complete 9mm upper for your AR platform. No nuts, no bolts, no drilling, no bull.
    Last round bolt-hold open feature, just as an AR15 should function.
    Built-in ejector designed to perform under intense conditions.
    Convert your 5.56x45 PMAGⓇ to 9mm in seconds, and easily convert back to 5.56 without damaging your PMAGⓇ. No permanent changes to anything!
    Specially formulated polymer.

My comment: A little expensive, priced at 1 kit for $29.99 or 3 kits for $79.99. But less expensive than the Stern or ATI magwell inserts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    I'm actually super interested in the Endo mag but I am concerned by reports that the ejector is weak and easily damaged and worn out very quickly.

TED
    https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/in.../t-208411.html

I have 3 of them, I am impressed with how well they have worked.

Feedback Score
    In all of my AR's, when I finally decided to get rid of my Sub-2000 and go over to a 9mm AR I opted for a PSA dedicated Glock lower. I know that there are outstanding mag well adapter's but I have an AR-15 and would not benefit per se from having the option of being able to remove an adapter. Also, in my mind, not having a part within a part means a little less to go wrong. That is just the path I took but everyone is different.

Feedback Score
    Endo mags do not feed Hollowpoints. Need to run FMJ’s with the Endo mags.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Endo mags do not feed Hollowpoints. Need to run FMJ’s with the Endo mags.
    Don't tell mine that! I've run GD, XTP, and HST's without a single problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cutter_spc View Post
    Don't tell mine that! I've run GD, XTP, and HST's without a single problem.
    That’s good to know. I’ve seen 2 different 9mm carbines that didn’t. Glad to see yours does.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast