Thread: Suppressor for an 11.5

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Suppressor for an 11.5

They all sound the same to the shooter on a rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the information guys. I think I’m going to go with the Mini 4, I do have a .308 bolt gun but that’s more of a deer gun and don’t have use for a 30 cal cab though I did think about it.

Feedback Score
    I put a socom mini on my 11.5 and love it. Its actually quieter than expected.

You should always wear ear pro, especially rifles. I even wear muffs when using pistol cans most of the time.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I think I am the only proponent of direct thread suppressors. The mini cans + mounts all weigh around 17-18oz. I have an old Trek, also 18oz, but suppresses much better than the Mini 4.

My money is on a new direct thread like the GP5 at 12.5oz or what I really want, the Vox S direct thread. Also 12.5oz.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have a mini 4 and run it primarily on my 11.5 upper. Definitely takes the edge off. Good little can from 10.3" - 16". Its a little heavy though for its size. I would look at the surefire. minis as they have much better muzzle devices. I would strongly look at the 762 cans as 556 will never be hearing safe and you are then not limited 556. Opens up a ton of calibers that you may use in the future. Once you start shooting with suppressors you will always want to be shooting with suppressors.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I’ve come to the conclusion that any can on a SBR is still going to be loud (especially indoors), so sound suppression is not really my main goal with that type of setup. Length added and weight are far more important to me. POI shift would be third if I planned on shooting it unsuppressed.

For my uses, I’ve been running one of the older Ops Inc. M4S cans (now called AE Suppressors). It’s an over the barrel (reflex) design, so it keeps added length down much more than a standard suppressor. It’s older tech and some say it’s less efficient than a standard front mounted suppressor, but even for its short size, it does a great job taking the bark and blast out of it.

It’s an SBR because you wanted a shorter more maneuverable rifle indoors, and this fills that roll perfectly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DeadAir Sandman S is the best current option IMO when weighing performance, the mount design, back pressure, cost, durability, and factory support. Surefire, DeadAir, and KAC offer the best mount designs at present. Low back pressure is far more important than performance. I love Surefire. For me they check off all the right boxes, with one caveat - they are more costly than most. DeadAir is the best option across all criteria.

AAC and SiCo cans have higher back pressure than SF, DA. They are very durable and offer great performance. But they are gassy with more back pressure. No experience with Griffin. My impression of them is that they tend to look eerily similar to KAC.

Keep in mind, the above is based solely on my own opinions. This is not gospel.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-30-18 at 11:46.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    They all sound the same to the shooter on a rifle

The videos and reviews of the new 2018 OSS suppressors are very persuasive. I’d love to see feedback from someone here about them and I even posted a dedicated thread. Nothing yet.

I’m currently deciding on a 11.5” suppressed HD rifle build as well and don’t want to pull the trigger on a suppressor until I see more on these. If they work as advertised they should be quieter at the shooters ear than most and have almost no blowback issues negating the need to use AGBs and BCGs, etc
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I ran a Mini4 on my 11.5 and thought the sound suppression was ok, but the fireball was distracting. I then switched to a Surefire SOCOM RC and love it- no fireball, better noise suppression, and less gas blowback.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Thanks for the information guys. I think I’m going to go with the Mini 4, I do have a .308 bolt gun but that’s more of a deer gun and don’t have use for a 30 cal cab though I did think about it.
    Did you look at the Turbo? ~1” longer, weighs the same, and about half the price. (Or at least enough of a difference to pay for the stamp)
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 12-31-18 at 23:36.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast