Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor for an 11.5

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Saker 556 on my BCM 11.5. I love it, but I've never shot it indoors.

The one on the right.

20180221_160454.jpg

Edit to add: I don't know why the picture ended up sideways.
    Last edited by MIDGAPATRIOT; 01-26-19 at 15:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    They all sound the same to the shooter on a rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Um yeah.

No they don't.

First hand experience.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I think I am the only proponent of direct thread suppressors. The mini cans + mounts all weigh around 17-18oz. I have an old Trek, also 18oz, but suppresses much better than the Mini 4.

My money is on a new direct thread like the GP5 at 12.5oz or what I really want, the Vox S direct thread. Also 12.5oz.
    You’re not the only one. I’ll likely be getting a Turbo K for a gun that never gets used without a can, anyway.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes.

The only potential issue with a direct thread suppressor is loosening under fire.

A tapered shoulder barrel (and DT adapter) will take care of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You’re not the only one. I’ll likely be getting a Turbo K for a gun that never gets used without a can, anyway.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Personally, I would not recommend a mini suppressor especially on a sbr. Too me, it nothing more than a fancy flash hider.
    I was able to stand between to rifles that were alternating fire and the mini cans don't do much for sound suppression.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Personally, I would not recommend a mini suppressor especially on a sbr. Too me, it nothing more than a fancy flash hider.
    I was able to stand between to rifles that were alternating fire and the mini cans don't do much for sound suppression.
    What barrel lengths?
    The 11.5 with mini vs 14.5 with sf3p is not even close.
    11.5w/can sounds like an unsurpressed 22lr, maybe quieter. Ill have to do a side by side with 22 next trip.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run an M4-2000 on a Noveske 11.5" and love it
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use a Saker 762 on my 11.5"...Don't really have any complaints.

edit: I actually do have one sorta minor complaint...The old Trifecta mount is kinda janky, but I have those things rocksetted to a several rifles and don't feel like assing around with switching them over to ASR or KeyMo. This is not really an issue if you buy a new Saker, though...It'll be ASR out the gate.
    Last edited by kerplode; 02-28-19 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My only centerfire can is a Dead Air Sandman-K. I have no regrets with the small can, it does everything I needed and expected it to do. Yes, it's loud. It's still more comfortable to shoot my 11.5" with the can than my 14.5" without it, though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Specwar K mounted to a brake on my 11.5. I like it for size and durability compared to my Omega but I don't think it sounds as good which is to be expected given the size difference between the two. I would probably not buy another dedicated .223/5.56 can even tho it lives on the rifle and I mostly shoot that caliber and it's the only rifle caliber I reload. There's a lot of crying related to SilencerCo's ASR system but I don't have an issue with it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast