Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Night Sights: Ameriglo Agent vs. Trijicon HD XR

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Glock Night Sights: Ameriglo Agent vs. Trijicon HD XR

I understand sights are a subjective thing. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

I’ve noticed, as I’m getting older, my eyes seem to be changing a bit. I’m having slight difficulty staying focused on the front sight.

When I had my Gen 5 Glocks they had the Agent sights on them. I felt they did a pretty good job of drawing my eye to the front sight and keeping my focus on that. Currently I have the standard Glock NS on 2 of my pistols. The other 2 have the standard plastic sights. All 4 are Gen 4 Glocks.

I will say that I really like the standard Glock sights. The large white dot really draws my eye to it. I have a couple sets of the steel sights.

Do the trijicons have a brighter, larger front site compared to the Agents?

Currently the Agent sights only come in orange. The trijicons have orange, green and yellow. Is there any preferance in color?

Any other advice is welcome.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Good luck finding the right sights. I had to go to the RMR. My groups both close range and extended really improved. Draw to hit times improved as well. Every traditional sight i tried was fuzzy once I hit my mid 40's. I guess, in many respects, we are fortunate to live long enough to encounter this challenge.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agents are available in green, I just got some Brownells. I prefer and use mostly orange, but green is fine. I also prefer the U notch to square. I shoot the front dot for speed and the tip for precision. I find lighting and target contrast are much more significant variables than dot color.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went with lumigreen protectors.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you for the heads up on that!

I’ve never used green but I may try them out.

I fully agree with you about lighting and target contrast. That’s why I’m hoping there is a bright(er) front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Agents are available in green, I just got some Brownells. I prefer and use mostly orange, but green is fine. I also prefer the U notch to square. I shoot the front dot for speed and the tip for precision. I find lighting and target contrast are much more significant variables than dot color.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’m still doing a lot of reading about the RMR. May be my next step if different sights don’t work out for.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    Good luck finding the right sights. I had to go to the RMR. My groups both close range and extended really improved. Draw to hit times improved as well. Every traditional sight i tried was fuzzy once I hit my mid 40's. I guess, in many respects, we are fortunate to live long enough to encounter this challenge.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would never recommend the trijicon hd xrs for glock. Not a single load I tried had poa poi past 7 yds. I had a 12 o'clock hold at 7 yds. How do you **** up the math that bad trijicon?

I swapped to ameriglo and havent had a single problem since.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Ameriglo sent me absolutely DEAD tritium (2) for my AR rear peep. I didn't even bother to complain, just replaced with Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have used Ameriglo and Trijicon and just about every other sight out there. My preference is for the Ameriglo agent sights, but I do replace the orange with the Yellow/Green one. Ameriglo has always been outstanding when dealing with them, have known the owner for years. Recently Trijicon bought them out, so I am interested to see where they go from here.

FWIW the 5th gen Ameriglo sights seem to be regulated a bit low for most with the .200 front sight they come with. When changing mine to yellow/green, I also change to a .180 front which results in a 6 o clock hold on all my 5th Gen glocks including the 19X and G45s'.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Do you feel that the yellow/green sight catches your eyes better vs. the orange?

I didn’t know that trijicon bought out Ameriglo. I’m also curious as to how that’s going to work out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I have used Ameriglo and Trijicon and just about every other sight out there. My preference is for the Ameriglo agent sights, but I do replace the orange with the Yellow/Green one. Ameriglo has always been outstanding when dealing with them, have known the owner for years. Recently Trijicon bought them out, so I am interested to see where they go from here.

FWIW the 5th gen Ameriglo sights seem to be regulated a bit low for most with the .200 front sight they come with. When changing mine to yellow/green, I also change to a .180 front which results in a 6 o clock hold on all my 5th Gen glocks including the 19X and G45s'.

TXPO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast