Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Night Sights: Ameriglo Agent vs. Trijicon HD XR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went with Lumigreen going on the assumption it would reflect more light/be higher viz than the Orange would. So far no complaints.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I went with the Ameriglos. I' really happy with them and they were really inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Do you feel that the yellow/green sight catches your eyes better vs. the orange?

I didn’t know that trijicon bought out Ameriglo. I’m also curious as to how that’s going to work out for them.

I find the green/yellow stands out better against items that I may be targeting, IE different color clothing. I also ted to have a sharper focus on the yellow/green. The red orange tends to wash out for me now especially with my aging eyes.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thanks brother I appreciate your feedback! I’m in the same boat as you. The orange type front sight doesn’t catch my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I find the green/yellow stands out better against items that I may be targeting, IE different color clothing. I also ted to have a sharper focus on the yellow/green. The red orange tends to wash out for me now especially with my aging eyes.

TXPO

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I collect and try just about every sight out there for the fun of it. I find too (50 here) that my eyes aren't what they used to be. The luminescent dots on the Ameriglo and HD sights do make for an easier time. The biggest complaint with Trijicon for me that's mirrored on here often is 1) the price and 2) freaking sharp! Ameriglo hits the sweet spot on price and you can get great deals if you shop around, personally I almost always buy from Optics Planet and find a 10-12% off coupon. I've literally put on dozens of these for folks at work. Mostly Hackathorns as I can usually get them for around $60-$65 shipped and it's a cost effective upgrade for someone who doesn't want to pay $125-$150 for a set of HD's.

For me personally I like the orange dot but have the green on an RMR'd gun for some contrast. But they both are a huge upgrade. I find the stock night sights have too much glare from the sapphire inserts for my taste. The rears on the Ameriglo are very forgiving for carry and still do a great job, plus you get the choice of no dot, single dot or two. Square notch or "U". Never had a problem with customer service with Ameriglo, in fact they've been very pleasant. I've deal with Rick the owner on several occasions and was a little sad to see them get bought out by Trijicon. But we'll see how it pans out.

Here's a few views of the different ones.
    Sights by Michael Starmer, on Flickr
    fullsizeoutput_19a by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    deleted.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-08-19 at 03:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

TXPO
    Same here, I run Trijicon HD "Lime" front on my EDC. I also have an Ameriglo "Proglo" orange on my G19 and I do not do as well with it.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Excellent post, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I collect and try just about every sight out there for the fun of it. I find too (50 here) that my eyes aren't what they used to be. The luminescent dots on the Ameriglo and HD sights do make for an easier time. The biggest complaint with Trijicon for me that's mirrored on here often is 1) the price and 2) freaking sharp! Ameriglo hits the sweet spot on price and you can get great deals if you shop around, personally I almost always buy from Optics Planet and find a 10-12% off coupon. I've literally put on dozens of these for folks at work. Mostly Hackathorns as I can usually get them for around $60-$65 shipped and it's a cost effective upgrade for someone who doesn't want to pay $125-$150 for a set of HD's.

For me personally I like the orange dot but have the green on an RMR'd gun for some contrast. But they both are a huge upgrade. I find the stock night sights have too much glare from the sapphire inserts for my taste. The rears on the Ameriglo are very forgiving for carry and still do a great job, plus you get the choice of no dot, single dot or two. Square notch or "U". Never had a problem with customer service with Ameriglo, in fact they've been very pleasant. I've deal with Rick the owner on several occasions and was a little sad to see them get bought out by Trijicon. But we'll see how it pans out.

Here's a few views of the different ones.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Excellent post, thank you very much!
    No prob!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive used Ameriglo CAP's in photoluminesenct lime green for Id guess a decade now, on several different Glocks-soon to be on my Shield.
    These have been great sights- I can shoot very tight groups out past 25 yards, and make hits on steel at 50 yards and more. Now that theyve got thinner front sights available, that might suit more people.
    They really pop at night, and if you "shine them up" for about 10 seconds or so, the really, really pop. The green doesnt wash out for me, and Ive got as bad a set of eyes as anyone here. I cannot stand red or orange sights, even as a young un..the red ramps on the old S&W revolvers used to piss me off. Ill take black, or white over red/orange any day, all day.
    Id like to try a U notch one day, that seems interesting. One more thing I like about the CAP's, is the front sight can act kinda like a Big Dot sight. Use the center for POA impact, and the top of the front sight for longer range.
    I cannot see ever using an RMR or any electronic sight..cannot see how they are as fast or faster than irons. Ive not used one at all, so Im open to the fact I might be wrong..but Id have to use one long enough to see for myself.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast