Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock Night Sights: Ameriglo Agent vs. Trijicon HD XR

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I just put a set of Wilson Combat Battlesights used on the Paul Howe signature Glock 19 Gen 4. Black rear and Orange Ameriglo front.
    Really like the U rear notch and thinner front sight blade. I installed them on my G17 Gen 5 and have not confirmed POA/POI at the range.
    Had Ameriglo BOLD on my G19 G5. Did not care for them. May try the Agents from Brownells for Gen 5 Glocks.
    I have HD/XR Orange on my M&P''s which I like very well.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve tried the HD’s (on a G19.3 and several other non-Glock guns) and the Agents (on G19.4, G19.4 grip chop, G26.4, G42). I settled on the Agents and will put them on all my Glocks that don’t have FO or optics.

The HD’s are very fast up close, but the front sight and rear notch are very large. I lost some precision when shooting past 10 yds.They are also very sharp and have a sharp undercut in the rear.

No such problem with the Ameriglo Agents. They are slightly less precise than some sights, but not so much so that I notice in actual practice. And they bring a lot to the table vs the stock plastic sights.

Everything I read about the HD XR’s has made me avoid them. POI issues seem to be the norm (on the internet, at least). Also, it appears they use a narrower front sight than the regular HD’s like the Agents, but the U notch does’t match the front very well.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Gonna have to try a set of Agents on my new 17 I just picked up

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    What color front sight did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve tried the HD’s (on a G19.3 and several other non-Glock guns) and the Agents (on G19.4, G19.4 grip chop, G26.4, G42). I settled on the Agents and will put them on all my Glocks that don’t have FO or optics.

The HD’s are very fast up close, but the front sight and rear notch are very large. I lost some precision when shooting past 10 yds.They are also very sharp and have a sharp undercut in the rear.

No such problem with the Ameriglo Agents. They are slightly less precise than some sights, but not so much so that I notice in actual practice. And they bring a lot to the table vs the stock plastic sights.

Everything I read about the HD XR’s has made me avoid them. POI issues seem to be the norm (on the internet, at least). Also, it appears they use a narrower front sight than the regular HD’s like the Agents, but the U notch does’t match the front very well.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    What color front sight did you go with?
    Orange.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I just purchased a set of Ameriglo GL-847's. Coming Monday. AGENT U notch rear and a .125" wide orange front sight. Regular AGENT frt sights are .144" wide.
    Will check and see if there is a difference between these and the HD/XR's I have been using. XR's are the narrow frt sight version of HD's.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well I just picked up a new Glock 45 9MM. They came with the Ameriglo Agent sights in orange. Maybe it’s me but comparing them to my wife’s Gen 5 Glock 17 with the exact same sights, my front sight seems to be a lighter/brighter shade of orange whereas the Glock 17 seems to be a darker shade of orange.

I’m going to order a green front sight and experiment.

I greatly appreciate all the help and advice!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a half dozen of those front's and don't really notice any difference in color. The yellow/green is a pretty different contrast for both. Here's a set of bold's on my Gen 4, they use a slightly thinner front than the gen 5 sights.

20170702-DSC_2103-2 by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123