Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anybody, besides me, carry FMJ in his daily carry semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    LOL. Hollow points ARE expensive. Hardnose rounds are more better 'n shit.
    No, they’re in fact not better. It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.

That said, I do agree that a lot of people put way too much thought into which SD round is “best”. (I was one of them a few years back). On the flip side of that, if researching terminal ballistics and posting a “which is best thread” for the umpteenth time is what you want to do with your time, then by all means do it, I don’t care. Same as I don’t care what you do or don’t carry.

Also, I’m not sure who you’re talking about regarding those that think the best SD round trumps training. Maybe on arfcom, but training has always been prioritized on this forum. Again, why not both?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Or am I the ultimate outlier?
    Winchester Q4318 NATO 9mm 124 grain FMJ.
    There's a lot to be said for not being an outlier, esp from a standard of care and state of the industry.

It's always possible that you're the guy doing it right though, and everyone else is wrong. So there's that.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    And yet another thread from Uni Vibe seeking to debate the internet questions that were hashed out ages ago. Glock vs 1911? HP vs Ball? What's next? Ak vs AR? 6.8 vs 556?

To answer your silly little question, I certainly hope you are one of the few outliers. Modern ballistics and the study of it has seemingly left few of you in the past.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Why do people buy Trojan Magnums knowing they really need Lifestyle Snugger Fit. Because it makes them feel bigger and more secure! Its the same .45 vs 9mm, Glock vs 1911, FMJ vs JHP, Coke vs Pepsi. Personally, I like the idea of an exit wound, its two holes for the price of 1- (sounds like a lady I met in Vegas). Either way, getting shot 2-3 times with either JHP or FMJ will hurt like a bitch!
    Okay...here goes...I know I'm that odd duck in some things gun-related, but I've begun the journey back to ball ammo for everything.

Here's my theory: I know defensive ammo is a beautiful thing and "man stopping bullets MUST expand" and all that happy horseshit, BUT--I think fancy-schmancy ammo psychologically creates a false sense if security. Shot placement is more important.

There are lots of dead people with 22 lr bullets or 25 caliber slugs in their vitals but very few dead people with Federal Hydra Shocks in an arm muscle.

Point being: knowing you are shooting ball ammo forces you to not rely on a magic bullet to make your careful aim unnecessary.
    I hope you both have great success with those views you share. Proven science based on real world data, experience, and research certainly suggests otherwise, but I hope you both stay safe regardless.

Feedback Score
    I don't get the argument that some people rely too much on HPs instead of shot placement, so I use FMJ. Or that HPs may not feed as reliably. I don't care what some people think. I know shot placement is very important. I also know HPs are much more effective. Plus I've run my chosen HPs through my guns and they're just as reliable as FMJ. Just because "some people" make the mistake of relying too much on ammo, doesn't mean I should make a mistake by choosing lesser ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you all for giving me something to read and giggle about.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Thank you all for giving me something to read and giggle about.
    We're here to help LOL. I was tired when I posted the above so I didn't express myself that well. My point was only that people rely too much on the quality of their equipment instead of skill and training. Weaning myself to FMJ is temporary while I force myself to become a better pistol shot. It's a psychological thing with me: a willful handicap in the short term makes me train better.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We're here to help LOL. I was tired when I posted the above so I didn't express myself that well. My point was only that people rely too much on the quality of their equipment instead of skill and training. Weaning myself to FMJ is temporary while I force myself to become a better pistol shot. It's a psychological thing with me: a willful handicap in the short term makes me train better.

A willful handicap when your or somoene elses life is on the line is flat out negligent.

You don't need to carry fmj to train better. You just need to train better.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm closing this as the Rabbit Hole got deep.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234