Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR feed malfunction

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

AR feed malfunction

Was shooting with a buddy today, he was putting first rounds through a gun that he won. The receivers were Seekins, gas block was BAD, barrel was FN, handguard was Fortis, unmarked black buffer, and BCG I think was WMD guns (had the bio hazard logo and some type of NP3/NiB finish). The gun had some problems ejecting, but had even more problems picking up new rounds tho chamber. We tested a ton of different mags that worked in other ARs and I threw it on my lower to test with A5-2 and -0 buffers. We swapped the BCG and it worked fine but I don’t know what the actual problem is, other than that it has to be in the BCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did you check to see if the gas key was loose?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Was shooting with a buddy today, he was putting first rounds through a gun that he won. The receivers were Seekins, gas block was BAD, barrel was FN, handguard was Fortis, unmarked black buffer, and BCG I think was WMD guns (had the bio hazard logo and some type of NP3/NiB finish). The gun had some problems ejecting, but had even more problems picking up new rounds tho chamber. We tested a ton of different mags that worked in other ARs and I threw it on my lower to test with A5-2 and -0 buffers. We swapped the BCG and it worked fine but I don’t know what the actual problem is, other than that it has to be in the BCG.

Who gave away a franken gun? Gas key was probably crooked or loose.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Gas key was tight and had decent staking. It was a donation for a raffle within his unit I believe. Looked like assembly was good and I recognized almost all of the parts as being good. Initially, it seemed like a gas issue because it wasn’t ejecting spent cases which is why I played with the buffers. But then after trying for a while it would eject, just not pick up a fresh round.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was a lock back check performed?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Was a lock back check performed?
    No it wasn’t, didn’t think of it for whatever reason.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Something I learned the hard way- When shooting any AR for the first time, always start with a lock back check
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Could it be the gas rings?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Something I learned the hard way- When shooting any AR for the first time, always start with a lock back check
    This is a good start. Every minute detail of what you saw happening(not what you think, but exactly what happened and when) will help us help you.

Did any empty case stay in chamber, did the bolt get stuck on top of fresh round half in mag or was round free of magazine with bolt over it, was bolt not over the fresh round?... just some examples.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This is a good start. Every minute detail of what you saw happening(not what you think, but exactly what happened and when) will help us help you.

Did any empty case stay in chamber, did the bolt get stuck on top of fresh round half in mag or was round free of magazine with bolt over it, was bolt not over the fresh round?... just some examples.
    There was never any type of double feed, bolt over base, etc. The gun would fire and the trigger would go dead when trying to fire again. Early on the brass would not eject but it seemed to start after about 30 rounds or so. When it did eject, a fresh round would not be chambered but the bolt would be forward. When it didn’t eject, he’d cycle it manually to eject the brass and load a new round.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast