Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Troy battle rail

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallop View Post
    yes im speaking of the clamping system for the standard barrel nut.
    When the screws are tightened they pull the clamping tabs towards the outside of the handguard, pinching the barrel nut between the inner edge of the handguard and the tab. Once the rail is installed, neither the locking tabs nor the screws they mount with will be contacting the barrel (the screws are not long enough themselves, and they pull the tabs out of contact with the barrel).

These aren't my pics, but they do an ok job of illustrating what everyone is trying to explain to you. The first shows how the tabs are installed on the rail:

The second shows a barrel nut installed into the rail with the tabs fully tightened. Note there is nothing extending into the center of the barrel nut in the space that would be occupied by the barrel:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wonder if the cap screws have been swapped out with some that are too long?

Feedback Score
    Ok boys.. now im going nuts with these....

(take in consideration the handguards im using are the 308 version, with "proprietary barrel nut".. ive posted in the ar15 area because the 308 is not watched enough, so please admin dont move my post into the 308 section please, thanks)

so after i spent 250 for each rail im having this complete crap ;

the rails are misalligned with the upper height about half millimeter
    barrel nut wont index with the gas tube hole in the upper even at 100 ft/pounds
    the screws ARE contacting the barrel and they are leaving quite substantial marks, are you guys sure your alpha rails are not doing the same? unless the screws arent shorter, the screws will be contacting the barrel when installed

just WTF?? am i the only idiot in the whole universe who used a 308 troy rail? the next thing im doing for sure is flatten them with a bulldozer....

20190103_015327.jpg
    20190103_015904.jpg
    20190103_022634.jpg
    Last edited by Lallop; 01-02-19 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guessing everyone chiming in was like me and thinking 5.56 with stock barrel nut and that is not even close.

Reading the Troy descriptions and they keep mentioning rail height over bore along with specific models compatibility. Did you get the right one for your upper?

Feedback Score
    yessir, Troy only sell HP (high profile) mlok rails for the 308s, the difference in height would be much more if these were low pro... the product code etched on the rail is also matching with the one on their web shop...........not only, these were supposed to have a qd

mount in between the mounting screws where the troy mark is..... can you see it? ive literally got scammed 500$

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    ive posted in the ar15 area because the 308 is not watched enough, so please admin dont move my post into the 308 section please, thanks

You could've at least mentioned that before letting multiple members reply with the impression you had an AR15 handguard. You even replied to the thread and still failed to mention it was for a 308.

C'mon....
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-02-19 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    so please admin dont move my post
    Please don't come in to my house and wipe your ass on my curtains.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    You could've at least mentioned that before letting multiple members reply with the impression you had an AR15 handguard. You even replied to the thread and still failed to mention it was for a 308.

C'mon....
    since nobody cares on the 308 section (where i got merely 3 answers) and the rail is exactly the same as a 556 model except for the proprietary nut (that is the same too, it just have different teeth) i tought it could have been more helpful to post where people

actually watch the posts

Santoro whats wrong with you? asking something with good manners is not a thing anymore in 2019?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ok boys.. now im going nuts with these....

(take in consideration the handguards im using are the 308 version, with "proprietary barrel nut".. ive posted in the ar15 area because the 308 is not watched enough, so please admin dont move my post into the 308 section please, thanks)

so after i spent 250 for each rail im having this complete crap ;

the rails are misalligned with the upper height about half millimeter
    barrel nut wont index with the gas tube hole in the upper even at 100 ft/pounds
    the screws ARE contacting the barrel and they are leaving quite substantial marks, are you guys sure your alpha rails are not doing the same? unless the screws arent shorter, the screws will be contacting the barrel when installed

just WTF?? am i the only idiot in the whole universe who used a 308 troy rail? the next thing im doing for sure is flatten them with a bulldozer....

20190103_015327.jpg
    20190103_015904.jpg
    20190103_022634.jpg
    What upper have you used?

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    its an AERO PRECISION 308 upper, and in both builds im having the same issues... ive sent an email to Troy to see whats they have to say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast