Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Troy battle rail

Feedback Score

AR Troy battle rail

Hi everyone, just received my two troy alpha rails.. one thing im wondering, are the screws once tightened supposed to make force the barrel??? what kind of mounting system is that?????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallop View Post
    Hi everyone, just received my two troy alpha rails.. one thing im wondering, are the screws once tightened supposed to make force the barrel??? what kind of mounting system is that?????
    Evidently. Interesting design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1ow_hdtanE

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallop View Post
    I've used two Alpha rails in the past, and I find them to be a great value for money. Once the screws are tightened the rail locks up nice and tight to the barrel nut. I would pay careful attention to the mounting instructions, especially any torque spec they may include in them. If they don't include any torque specs in the installation instructions, I would contact Troy and ask them what they recommend. And no, the screws don't apply any force on the barrel, as the mounting shims interface with the barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just put one on an SPR build, yes, it attaches to the standard barrel nut. It seems pretty solid. Only 241 rnds through the gun so far, carried some...no problems with it yet.

Not at all hard to put on, either. Got it all torn back down for painting at the moment.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

AR Troy battle rail

What does “make force the barrel” mean?????

The kind of mounting system it is is a good mounting system. I’ve used several on builds, Alpha’s Troy VTAC’s (and others) and I’ve never had a rail come loose when mounted properly. My one recommendation (with just about any tail) would be to use a mount to bridge the rail and upper to get the rail perfectly aligned with the upper before tightening/torquing the screws. After that - you’re set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-02-19 at 05:02.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    What does “make force the barrel” mean?????

The kind of mounting system it is is a good mounting system. I’ve used several on builds, Alpha’s Troy VTAC’s (and others) and I’ve never had a rail come loose when mounted properly. My one recommendation (with just about any tail) would be to use a mount to bridge the rail and upper to get the rail perfectly aligned with the upper before tightening/torquing the screws. After that - you’re set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ops my bad i forgot write on... make force ON the barrel, it appear the screws are pushing into the barrel to wedge the locking tab, is this the way it should mount?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you talking about the rail clamping onto the standard barrel nut or are you referring to the add-on 1913 rail sections?

Feedback Score
    yes im speaking of the clamping system for the standard barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The screws should be squeezing the clamps and the rail on to the barrel nut. If the screws are contacting the barrel they aren't going to be snugging the rail down.

Been awhile since I have installed mine, but not thinking that Is possible based on the screw length. Is the barrel oversized in the chamber area? Got pics?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think that's what he means. Yes, those clamps contact the edge of the barrel nut.

Like Robert, I too screwed a scope riser in the middle, on top, where the upper meets the rail. Made alignment easy.

First thing, yanked out each clamp screw, put blue loctite on it, threaded it loosley back into it's respective clamp, then canted the rail appropriately, pushed it onto the barrel nut, rotated it into position, put that scope riser on top for alignment, and tightened the screws evenly.

Not hard at all, seems like a solid mount.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast