Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forward charging handle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I’m on your side bama. Almost every battle rifle has had a forward charging handle. Even the original stoner rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverhawk View Post
    I’m on your side bama. Almost every battle rifle has had a forward charging handle. Even the original stoner rifle.
    You realize you're now a marked man?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverhawk View Post
    I don’t think the issue is that a forward charging handle is inherently bad.

It’s that you’re modifying the rifle to be something it isn’t for zero benefit if you do it perfectly - which these kits that force you to remove anti rotation tabs do not do. This is fine if you want to be unique and score internet cool points among guys who hang out at the local range shooting their ARs at 25 yards but it serves no practical value and this is why you’ll see no love for it on M4C.

Feedback Score
    ADCOR makes piston and di uppers with forward ch.

Feedback Score
    For the traditionalist and the its my way or the highway the very first m-16/ar-15 had top charging handles. There’s always room for improvement on every weapons system. 3 gunners are heading towards that direction. And I would bet good money that if the military was to start using a forward charging handle just about everybody on here would buy one.

Feedback Score
    Why in the hell would the military go to a side charging handle on the M4? Is it super advantageous to have another opening in the receiver, with no practical way to cover it, that allows debris/foreign materials into the receiver? All while having zero benefit over a rear charging handle at actually pulling the BCG back to allow it to charge the rifle from the magazine, or to administratively clear the weapon.

I seriously wonder if some people actually think about the stupid shit they verbalize or commit to writing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A SCAR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gibbs makes the best by far, but I feel like it’s a personal preference thing. Akin to snowflakes being uncomfortable with something and throwing a fit so everyone else has to change to appease the uncomfortable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajyaros View Post
    A SCAR?

Yeah the rifle no one uses because they evidently don’t work very well when subjected to use by grunts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast