Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Member's Brother unexpectedly passed away....

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Can funding be transferred to the family now, or only after the goal is met?

I swear I tried to read the gofundme FAQ. If my question takes away from the thread, please delete.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-02-19 at 20:14.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I believe they have access to the funds as they come in. I'll try and wade through the website and confirm that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I believe they have access to the funds as they come in. I'll try and wade through the website and confirm that.
    I was just curious. It may be a moot point, people are awesome sometimes. It looks like it may wrap up by Friday or Saturday.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.pierfh.com/notices/Billy-Shepperson

Sergeant Billy James Shepperson was born on May 18th, 1978 in Casper, Wyoming during a spring blizzard to Jim and Alice Shepperson, joining his older brother Baxter into the Shepperson household.

Billy studied Agricultural Business at Casper College after graduating from Hot Springs County High School in 1996. In February 2001, Billy enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, attending recruit training at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot - San Diego, California. Following initial training, Billy was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment where he served as a rifleman and Scout-Sniper. As part of his service, Billy attended and successfully graduated from the Marine Corps Scout-Sniper School and deployed overseas three times to include two combat tours to Iraq in 2003 and 2004. Billy’s decorations include the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (3), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, and the Purple Heart.

Upon completion of his service in the Marine Corps in 2005, Billy alternated between trips to the Middle East operating in the security sector and spending his time pursuing his true loves of ranching, roping, fishing, hunting, traveling and all things outdoors.

On December 5th 2015, Billy was married to Clare Galpin of Cheltenham, England. Surrounded by friends and family, Billy and Clare celebrated their marriage with a beautiful formal ceremony, officiated by Billy’s life-long friend, Mr. Thomas Baker of Cheyenne at Silver Gate, Montana in August 2016.

On July 5 2017, Billy and Clare welcomed daughter Alice Rose into their home and threw all their effort into supporting the family ranching operation in Lance Creek.

Tragically, Billy departed this life on Thursday 27 December, 2018 at Wyoming Regional Hospital Cheyenne. A life as rich as Billy’s and lived as he chose is impossible to capture in words, but can be characterized by a lifelong commitment to loud music, accurate guns, fast horses and unforgettable times. He had an unbounded soul, cutting wit, and an absolute love for his family, friends and the Corps. He will be greatly missed.

Billy is preceded in death by his mother Alice Gibson and, grandmother Billie Jean Beaton, grandfather Frank Shepperson and grandparents Conrad and June Gibson.

Billy is survived by wife Clare, daughter Alice, stepson Matthew, father James L Shepperson and his wife Waive, brother Baxter, sister-in-law Regina and his niece Naomi and nephew James.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Any amount helps reach the goal. I know it's a tough time for a lot of folks being only a few weeks after Christmas, but even $5 helps.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The fund is still about $22,000 short of the goal.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-11-19 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The fund is still about $22,000 short of the goal.

Andy
    I know, and we still need to keep getting the word out.

Thanks for everything folks have been able to do so far.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Billy was a contributor here, and in our other communities too:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ZJjJa-LtmJmX9k

Please help out if you can.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    Happy to do what I could. Condolences to the family. RIP

ETA shared on FB
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 01-22-19 at 22:36.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

You would have been honored to call him a friend.
    That's the impression I got from the photo on the GFM page.

Sad days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast