Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergara Chasis Bolt Gun in 6.5 creed

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    It is. Maybe a tad higher than the S&B iirc. I just took my 6.5CM out for a test drive last week with the Hornady 140gr. AG ammo and put 5 shots within 3/4” (4 of them touching) without much effort. Shot them in rapid succession. 140gr ELD-M was just as good too.

My rig is also a chassis gun. Tikka CTR barreled action dropped into a MDT LSS XL Gen2 chassis.

ETA: I went with the American Gunner stuff because I had read about some pressure issues with S&B. If it runs good, then you’re fine, but I didn’t wanna chance it. Just a heads up.
    The BC is much better with the Hornady stuff, much much better , but we got hits at 1300 with S&B stuff. It shocks me the S&B stuff group so well, me , Mark and DCB call the S&B 30-30 ammo it has so much of a round tip.

Im thrilled it all does the job, my LMT MWS rocks that stuff too. Its nice with the LMT because you just load up 20 rounds and rock on.

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Yeah it comes in the 50rd or 200rd box
    Oh and by the way, Im on my 3rd 200 round box of this ammo. My LMT tends to be hungry.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The BC is much better with the Hornady stuff, much much better , but we got hits at 1300 with S&B stuff. It shocks me the S&B stuff group so well, me , Mark and DCB call the S&B 30-30 ammo it has so much of a round tip.

Im thrilled it all does the job, my LMT MWS rocks that stuff too. Its nice with the LMT because you just load up 20 rounds and rock on.

PB

PB
    Nice to know about that BC. I think these 6.5’s are just hard to make inaccurate. Bergara and Tikka being some of the better non-custom options. 1300 is a pretty good poke though, how consistently were you hitting? I’m shooting a 20” barrel so I’d be happy with consistency out to 1k. Just wish I had a spot to shoot like y’all do!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice to know about that BC. I think these 6.5’s are just hard to make inaccurate. Bergara and Tikka being some of the better non-custom options. 1300 is a pretty good poke though, how consistently were you hitting? I’m shooting a 20” barrel so I’d be happy with consistency out to 1k. Just wish I had a spot to shoot like y’all do!
    Once we got our DOPE, I think 2 for 3 which is nuts. More true DOPE to follow. The difference between 13 and 1,000 is crazy. Night and day to be honest.

Feedback Score
    After much research, im pretty much set on the lrp (looks like a great value), but deciding if I should go 308 or 6.5. Looking forward to more info.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ...... I think these 6.5’s are just hard to make inaccurate. Bergara and Tikka being some of the better non-custom options........
    Agree with this-
    We have a couple Tikka's and a couple Howa's (all set up as chassis guns). ALL of them shoot extremely well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    After much research, im pretty much set on the lrp (looks like a great value), but deciding if I should go 308 or 6.5. Looking forward to more info.
    You and me both.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This was the gun that I am using to decide just how great the 6.5 is compared to 308. The only thing I have not liked so far is, you don't get nearly as loud a "dink" off the steel when shooting. Sometimes when mirage is real bad, thats all the feedback you can get.

It shoots super soft and much flatter than 308. I still love my 308's, but I definitely have come respect the round. And since I already shoot a FN SPR in 308, I tried 6.5 in this gun.

The gun is packed with features, DCB went through multiple bullet points I didnt even know about when I bought it. He said they took all the best features of Savage- Remmy ...packed into this gun.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-01-19 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    This was the gun that I am using to decide just how great the 6.5 is compared to 308. The only thing I have not liked so far is, you don't get nearly as loud a "dink" off the steel when shooting. Sometimes when mirage is real bad, thats all the feedback you can get.

It shoots super soft and much flatter than 308. I still love my 308's, but I definitely have come respect the round. And since I already shoot a FN SPR in 308, I tried 6.5 in this gun.

The gun is packed with features, DCB went through multiple bullet points I didnt even know about when I bought it. He said they took all the best features of Savage- Remmy ...packed into this gun.
    PB
    Bergara knows what's up, and it sounds like you made a solid choice in the rifle. Also very cool that they give you an XLR chassis with that Premier series gun.

I'll be following along to see your thoughts on the caliber as you spend some more time shooting it. It's definitely won me over.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not necessarily the same thing, but I have a Bergara barrel in my .50 cal muzzle loader and that rifle will put very large holes over the top of each other when I do my part. I am of the opinion they are still a relatively unknown, quality barrel option.

They do seem to be gaining in popularity however. That is an interesting and attractive setup if the other components are high quality as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast