Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X300u-a vs b?

Feedback Score

X300u-a vs b?

Which mount do you prefer for a Glock and why?

Feedback Score
    Per the Big Tex Outdoors blog post:

The X300U-A uses the older style Rail-Lock® Mounting System. which is best suited for polymer framed handguns.

The X300U-B uses the T-Slot Mounting Rail System which is best suited for metal framed handguns as well as AR-15 or similar style rails. The T-Slot system is also used on the X400 series of weapon lights. The main issue that people had been experiencing with the T-Slot style mount on polymer guns is the overtightening of the light causing reliability issues with the gun or under tightening of the light causing the light to come off. The Rail-Lock system is definitely prefered for use on polymer framed handguns but for use on an AR, the T-Slot has some distinct advantages.

I have asked a few trainers which to choose for a Gen 4 G19 and all said the A.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I agree, for a Glock I would go with the A model. For any metal frame guns the B model is superior for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The A model will fit many more holster options with glocks. I use a models for glocks and b models for ARs and other pic rail pistols.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ok. I’ll be different. Being a streamlight user, I stick with the t bolt mount on the X300 as well. And I shoot Glock.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been using a X-300U-B on my G17 for awhile now with zero issues.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use the B model on polymer and metal frame guns with no problem. The A model can have a loose fit while installed that doesn’t go away. The only advantage to the A model IMO is being able to quickly remove it without any tools if you need a handheld light.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-01-19 at 13:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    -A model just because I'm still using the 200 lumen X300.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A model.

It damages poly framed railed handguns less.

It can accepted the Unity Tactical hood so I can use it on a rifle. IMHO, I don't even see a need for the B model to exist.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I just did some rough digital caliper measurements on my Gen3 G17 and found the following:

A vs decently (correctly!) tight B
    - Frame above the rail = ~0.008"
    - Frame around the front slide rails = ~0.005"

These are a rough in my mind mean of multiple measurements not using any repeatable scientific method. The frame did compress, but not very much... My guess is that a randomly tight A would have the same effect. I wonder what the tolerance of Glock slide rail location is??

More importantly I have had a B model on my duty G17.3 for at least a thousand rounds with no issues. Although I can see how you could have issues if you seriously overtighten the screw and maybe cause rubbing or frame failure over time?

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast