Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for new 13 round mags for Browning Hi-Power

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Recommendations for new 13 round mags for Browning Hi-Power

Upgrading from the cheapo ten rounders I got during the AWB.

Mec-Gar seems to be OEM and they're not expensive.
    Anybody have any other experience?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would look no further than Mec-Gar personally. Great quality mags, and they are the OEM for a number of European brands. They make a 15-round mag also that is just as good quality.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^Mecgar is it for P-35’s.
    Excellent quality. Their 15 round mags are GTG as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a pretty good assortment between my Hi-Power and CZ's, they are good to go.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Go:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/browning...15b-p-583.html

They also have 13 rounders. THE authority on Hi Powers says this:

https://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/mec-gar%209mm%20Hi%20Power%20magazines%2013%20vs%2015%20shot.htm
    Last edited by m4brian; 01-01-19 at 18:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Go:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/browning...15b-p-583.html

They also have 13 rounders. THE authority on Hi Powers says this:

https://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/...015%20shot.htm
    Ordered from them before without an issue.

Don't skip buying the MecGars, but usually magazines with phosphate grey tubes and deep blue base plates are good quality and can be had for cheap at times. Just learn what to look for.

Still a good info source:

https://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/...rComments.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve use Mecgar 13 and 15-rd stainless mags in a HiPower with zero issues. Very high quality.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Uni-Vibe, if you still have your magazine disconnect installed, keep in mind that it interacts with the front of the magazine. Therefore, the finish of the magazine can significantly impact the feel of the trigger pull. My first recommendation would be to remove the magazine disconnect if it's still installed as this will significantly improve the trigger pull. If you don't want to do that, then you might try the Mec-Gars with the nickel finish. I think that the factory mags that came with my 40S&W are nickel and they make the trigger feel way smother than the blued Mec-Gars.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If I remember correctly, SW 59 series mags will work but you have to cut in the mag catch. I recall holding one in and it feed 100%-someone forgot their mags.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Uni-Vibe, if you still have your magazine disconnect installed, keep in mind that it interacts with the front of the magazine. Therefore, the finish of the magazine can significantly impact the feel of the trigger pull. My first recommendation would be to remove the magazine disconnect if it's still installed as this will significantly improve the trigger pull. If you don't want to do that, then you might try the Mec-Gars with the nickel finish. I think that the factory mags that came with my 40S&W are nickel and they make the trigger feel way smother than the blued Mec-Gars.

I hadn't thought of that! Yes, mag disconnect is still in there. Maybe I will look for smooth mags. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast