Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits of a Pistol Caliber Carbine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Corporal View Post
    So you just get the crack but not the loud boom and flash shooting a supersonic through a suppressor is what I’m guessing. If so, that’s still preferable. I need to move.
    Exactly. And there are 42 states that allow suppressors, so you have a lot of options to choose from ;-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Exactly. And there are 42 states that allow suppressors, so you have a lot of options to choose from ;-)
    I’ve got 11 years left before I can retire and take my pension from this N.Y. Craphole. I hope it isn’t banned federally by then. I have a feeling that a few more shootings and things will get worse federally.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I recently got my first 9mm PCC and wanted one for several reasons:

I’m a member of an outdoor private gun range, and the only rifle caliber allowed is .22LR.
    The 9mm PCC operates almost identically to my ARs, and I can practice tactically in a way not allowed on public ranges.
    Cheaper to shoot than 5.56.
    I do a little competitive shooting and the PCC class is booming right now.

There are 2 major cons based on what I’ve learned at this point:

1 - Many PCC do not feed hollow point self-defense ammunition reliably.
    2 - Firing pins breaking seems a lot more common on PCC based on what I’ve read, as well as recent personal experience.

Those two issues below make me feel a PCC is a range toy that should not be used for SD unless a rifle is somehow not an option.
    Last edited by Bang4Buck; 09-07-19 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is little or no ballistic advantage to a 9mm out of carbine ...
    Well he’s wrong ... I’m getting velocities at 50 yards that a 357 can’t produce at muzzle.

My PCC is the foldable Kel-Tec Sub 2000, using the Sig magazine platform which allows CZ-75 mags for use in it. I added 2 Kydex mag holders up front for 32 rounds there, plus a high-capacity extension 32 round mag already in the mag well and I get 64 rounds ready to go.

I added the Mid West Industries ‘flip’ red-dot sight mount on this PCC & it is accurate, light weight, completely reliable and has a lot of firepower. Plus it has never jammed. May not be to use for everybody, but I like it. Oh yeah, then I have the CZ 75B pistol in a shoulder holster to go along with it, with 2 spare mags on the off-side. That’s my SHTF choice.

But alas, most likely all we will ever have to deal with realistically is this ... SSDD (Same S$#t,,Different Day).
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    Well he’s wrong ... I’m getting velocities at 50 yards that a 357 can’t produce at muzzle.

My PCC is the foldable Kel-Tec Sub 2000, using the Sig magazine platform which allows CZ-75 mags for use in it. I added 2 Kydex mag holders up front for 32 rounds there, plus a high-capacity extension 32 round mag already in the mag well and I get 64 rounds ready to go.

I added the Mid West Industries ‘flip’ red-dot sight mount on this PCC & it is accurate, light weight, completely reliable and has a lot of firepower. Plus it has never jammed. May not be to use for everybody, but I like it. Oh yeah, then I have the CZ 75B pistol in a shoulder holster to go along with it, with 2 spare mags on the off-side. That’s my SHTF choice.

But alas, most likely all we will ever have to deal with realistically is this ... SSDD (Same S$#t,,Different Day).
    In context, it appears he is referring to terminal, not external ballistics.

Feedback Score
    Pistol Caliber Carbines have been the gun of choice for decades with military special operations. And that’s with regular old 147gr ball. To say that they are just toys and don’t have good terminal ballistics is pure nonsense. All of those killed at the hands of special operators will call anyone a damned liar or fool for thinking such nonsense. The internet nowadays....

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Pistol Caliber Carbines have been the gun of choice for decades with military special operations. And that’s with regular old 147gr ball. To say that they are just toys and don’t have good terminal ballistics is pure nonsense. All of those killed at the hands of special operators will call anyone a damned liar or fool for thinking such nonsense. The internet nowadays....
    Not so.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Interesting. Curious to know which special operations teams prefer PCC over a carbine, given the carbine will fire rounds with substantially higher kinetic energy?

Part of my “range toy” comment has to do with the fact we mere civilians have to be concerned about over penetration. And ball ammo is obviously more likely to over penetrate than hollow point. And most PCC we civilians can buy typically don’t cycle HP ammo as reliably as ball.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Not so.
    Pwnage lol

Honestly, let’s be real. PCCs and as an example MP5s (aside from nostalgia) are antiquated, outdated, and lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I use .45 acp Speer gold dots for shooting wild hogs in a Macon Armory upper PCC SBR with a silencer. Works great and quiet.

Just bought a Banshee .45 PCC and installed a Giessele 3 gun trigger in it with 4.5# spring. Short reset works great when shooting running small pigs.

Using Aimpoint H2 on these, they’re daylight rifles I keep with me in my UTV when in the pasture. I often run into wild hogs in morning and evening.

I like .45 for reasons mentioned before, much less worry about .45 misses.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 09-09-19 at 22:03.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast