Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Highly Modified) Glock - Failure to Extract

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

(Highly Modified) Glock - Failure to Extract

Ideas why a Glock 19 would fail to lock onto the rear of a casing and not extract?

It occurs at around 1/10 rounds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What ammo?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Multiple reasons why it could happen, but you gave too little info for a definitive answer; is ammo factory or reloads? Are cases steel or brass? Was G19 reliable previously or was extraction a problem from day 1?
    How old is the G19 and is the extractor intact or chipped? Any mods to the G19?
    Mark
    Last edited by mpom; 01-17-19 at 11:48. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It’s a Gen3 G19 lower with a new Brownells slide, Victory First barrel, P80 slide parts, Magpul Mags, Winchester 115gr FMJ.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by telecustom View Post
    It’s a Gen3 G19 lower with a new Brownells slide, Victory First barrel, P80 slide parts, Magpul Mags, Winchester 115gr FMJ.
    You don't have a G19 anymore, you a significant batch of stacking tolerances. Trying to e-diagnose it is difficult, at best. You might try swapping one component in/out at a time and follow the breadcrumbs.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect that combination of variables to work at all. Sorry.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will do, thanks

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    You don't have a G19 anymore, you a significant batch of stacking tolerances. Trying to e-diagnose it is difficult, at best. You might try swapping one component in/out at a time and follow the breadcrumbs.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect that combination of variables to work at all. Sorry.
    Disregard.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why do people insist on playing junior 1911 armorer with Glocks?

They actually do need proper fitting.

I knew a dude who played with his Glock and it went full auto on him trying to get “better sear engagement and lighter trigger weight”

Wrong gun for that. Get a 5.5 trigger, maybe a - connector and just practice.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    From initial post it sounds like extractor is not grabbing the rim or slipping off. What parts are in the Brownells slide? Hopefully OEM. Make sure the extractor, spring and rod are all installed correctly, schematic should be on Brownells site.
    If you have the OEM barrel, see if extraction is reliable, and check the chamber of new barrel under bright light, to rule out rough chamber.

Mark

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Why do people insist on playing junior 1911 armorer with Glocks?

They actually do need proper fitting.

I knew a dude who played with his Glock and it went full auto on him trying to get “better sear engagement and lighter trigger weight”

Wrong gun for that. Get a 5.5 trigger, maybe a - connector and just practice.
    But, I want the highest performance gear I can get to have the highest skill I can have!

That's how that works, right?

To the OP: if it's a project gun, cool. Have at it. I'd start with the obvious: extractor and ejector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast