Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 with RDS

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My experience has been a RD on a handgun is worth the investment in time, headaches and practice.
    Hopefully you experience this too PB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Took my gun out and shot for precision at 7yards, it was 2 maybe a bit more inches low. Which it could have been off at 25 yards because I sighted it in on steel in a pretty sloppy fashion. Did the 2 inches cost me some misses , yes but did I still yank the trigger and sucked with getting comfortable with a RDS handgun. I hoped it to have been more as bad as I shot so...I crapped out

Bottom line I need to practice practice practice as suggested, and I will do so because I still believe my old eyes will come to love it.

PB
    Sounds like a lot. Center of bore to center of rmr on g23 w/conversion 9mm barrel is .9”
    Id measure yours, anything closer than sight in distance should be within the rmr to bore distance.
    2” just seems like a lot, but its entirely possible to be the way its sighted in.

I initially sighted mine in at 25(first glock). As I got better with the trigger (and overall), I had to drift my sight a couple inches over a few weeks time, even though I was initially shooting 90+ on a b8@25yds.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-07-19 at 07:11.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Sounds like a lot. Center of bore to center of rmr on g23 w/conversion 9mm barrel is .9”
    Id measure yours, anything closer than sight in distance should be within the rmr to bore distance.
    2” just seems like a lot, but its entirely possible to be the way its sighted in.

I initially sighted mine in at 25(first glock). As I got better with the trigger (and overall), I had to drift my sight a couple inches over a few weeks time, even though I was initially shooting 90+ on a b8@25yds.
    I think part of it was I sighted it in very crudely on steel. I did a fist sized cluster at 25 and was so please with the shots, I thought , ALL GOOD. But splatter on steel can lead to less precision than a shoot and see.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I think part of it was I sighted it in very crudely on steel. I did a fist sized cluster at 25 and was so please with the shots, I thought , ALL GOOD. But splatter on steel can lead to less precision than a shoot and see.

PB
    That will get you good enough for defense IMO, but due to the variability we (at least I) contribute to pistol precision, my suggestion is to fine tune over a few weeks.

Shoot (all offhand) 10 shot groups over a few range trips. One day you might be shooting low, one day high... dont chase the zero each trip. Once you get multiple groups with the same location, shot on different days, then make the final adjustments. Im talking an inch or two difference between group centers, here. There shouldnt be more than that between trips.

Then continue the process to verify your zero is true. If I take a couple weeks off, Ill see my group move, but a few dry fire sessions re-centers it perfectly.

Yes its time consuming, but IMO, nothing will beat the confidence tou have in your equipment after this, and you’ll know anything off is you. Oh-and witness mark your windage/elevation screws once this is done.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-07-19 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    If it’s something you plan on carrying practice drawing and dry firing ALOT. The RDS will force your eyes to change how they aim/focus. Repetition is key. If you haven’t started, I recommend shooting with both eyes open, super imposing the dot on the target. This allows for faster shots and maintains accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot the same match this week with my Legion 226 SOA and shot well FOR ME.

I will continue the RDS battle but I can’t do both eyes open because one eye is much worse than the other.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have found that consistent draw work with the less forgiving red dot has made me faster with iron sights because the red dot reinforces better gun/sights/eyes alignment as part of the presentation.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I have found that consistent draw work with the less forgiving red dot has made me faster with iron sights because the red dot reinforces better gun/sights/eyes alignment as part of the presentation.
    This!

We need a like button!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have over 8k rounds through my p320 with romeo. I find i can shoot faster with the optic than without.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    What he said! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast