Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for a WML

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just went on the assumption OP, being from Montana, is in a similar situation to me that his first hands on with most accessories is when it shows up on the door step.

Not 100% guaranteed, but more pics and reviews often does help making a decision that ends up working better.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-06-19 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Exactly, There is no place within hundreds of miles where I can handle most accessories, so I have to buy it on line to see it.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The offset aluminum mount idea, Kley Zion in this case. The VTac hugs it a bit closer to the rail I think, but the smaller forward footprint helped in this case
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-06-19 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gear Sector makes some tight fitting mounts also.

https://www.gearsector.com/browse/ca...hlight-mounts/

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I've been using lights at 12:00 for a while now. I started with Streamlights, X300, then X300U, and for the last few years a Rosch Works SL1. These setups worked great with red dots and I still use the SL1 + red dot on another upper. Low and behold, I traded into a mini ACOG for this new 10.3 build and the SL1 was a blurry mess in the sight picture. I found a Protac Rail 2 to tryout and see how these carbine lights work.

If you guys with tape switches are saying that barrel shadows are not a thing, then why are you running your lights at the far end of the rails? I decided to try this setup below in the interest of reducing the heavy nose that comes with running an 18oz can.

So far the cons are that the tape switch is not easily accessible if I shoot left handed. Pros of running the light AFT are better balance and no soot on the lens. Thats the best I can come up with! Unfortunately I lost my ability to shoot at night, so it will be day time only for the foreseeable future.

As an aside, this new Bootleg rail is my new favorite. The BCM barrel nut system is great. On sale too!
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 04-02-19 at 16:07.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345