I decided to go camping to see if my BOB had what it should to supply what I needed for 48 hours (although could be stretched to 72 easily) and try some bush craft with a new Hardcore Hardware fixed blade MFK-02 GEN II.

I used it for all the usual uses for a camp site prep and making a fire. Fire wise, I used a
Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw from my BOB to cut a 4' piece of wood that was maybe 6" diameter from a downed tree and dragged out of the brush. I used the Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw to cut into 4 pieces. While the "manual chainsaw" works, it's work to use one, that's for sure. Hard to beat in terms of weight and space it takes up however. I then did the baton thing on the 4 pieces to split in two and and 4 parts for my main firewood supply. I think it was spruce.

Kindling was easy to find where i was, and I used a fire rod and and cotton balls impregnated with Vaseline (great cheap fire starters BTW) to start the fire.

I found the knife was just right size wise for the jobs it did, and it didn't even scuff the coating on the blade much less do any damage to the knife. The ergonomics fit my (smallish) hands perfectly. So far, this knife is exactly what I have been looking in hard use utility/survival type knife.

Other camp chores were all good. I didn't do any slicing of food with it as I was eating the dehydrated stuff from the BOB (surprisingly good BTW) and an MRE.

Only "cheat" was I did use a tent and did bring a gallon of water as i didn't want to use a Life Straw or water supplies in the BOB. I did sleep in the Woobie blanket I had in the BOB, and that was not very comfortable (I'm getting to old for sleeping on the ground frankly) but warm enough. In a true emergency where a BOB would get used, I have a mil issue poncho in the BOB I would use to make a shelter, but I'm just not hard core enough to wanna do it unless it's an legit emergency. What can I say, I'm a big wuss puss.

I now have to resupply what I used from the BOB, including the "emergency" Jack Daniels in the flask...

PS, I'm out of room to attach pics on M4C, so if anyone wants to see knife, etc, I posted on Blade Forums:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...sting.1633771/