Thread: Lipsey's Springfield Armory Combat Operator 5" 9mm

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Lipsey's Springfield Armory Combat Operator 5" 9mm

SOLD

I am probably making a mistake but I need to thin down.

This is a nice piece which made this a difficult decision but I need to move fwd.

Purchased used in early 2018 from Gunbroker

Lipsey's Springfield Armory Combat Operator 5" 9mm #SFPE9209LP

here is a link to the write up on these exclusive models https://lipseysguns.com/springfield-...operator-1911/

When I first got it, I shot a 50 round qualification course as my first rounds down range. I was impressed with the accuracy (5 shots - 25 yards and 10 shots - 15 yards. The rest 7 yards and in)

I shot less than 200 rounds. It does show signs of being shot but externally the pistol is in excellent shape. I can provide additional pics via PM/email if required.

I took the CO completely down and detailed cleaned it. (I have been to Colt 1911 and 10-8 Armorers classes)

I did the slide stop "log man" modification to avoid the idiot scratch, replaced the sticky MIM disconnector with a Wilson Combat BP disconnector. The extractor would very slightly clock but it ejection ran 100% with my shots fired. I did have a Wilson Combat BP firing pin stop laying around and it tighten up the extractor clocking but I never got to shoot it. All factory parts would be included.

The barrel, slide, ejector, and extractor marked with the #86 (parts stay together during the build process)

This ejector is pinned (not glued)

This piece comes from the factory with Tool Steel hammer and sear. the addition of the WC disconnector cleaned up the action. Crisp break and positive trigger return.

Factory box, two 10 round CMC mags, and other items from the factory will be in the box.

I paid $1136 shipped to me in early 2018. This is a piece that can be hard to find.

I will sell $1050 shipped FFL to FFL (insured)

sorry no trades.

thanks for looking
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 01-19-19 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    lowered the price to $1050 shipped

BOX SAYS NO CALI