Thread: Sporting clays/trap/skeet with a pump gun?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Sporting clays/trap/skeet with a pump gun?

Anyone tried it? I've only shot trap once, and it was a ton of fun, but I was tempted to try my 870 out instead of the rental double barrel. I'm going to Bull Run tomorrow and planning on giving it a shot, especially if I grab a red dot for it today.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have and I think it has helped me at times to regroup and re-sight on target before slamming the trigger once again. I have to wear gloves or Ill eat my hands up ripping on the pump.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Anyone tried it? I've only shot trap once, and it was a ton of fun, but I was tempted to try my 870 out instead of the rental double barrel. I'm going to Bull Run tomorrow and planning on giving it a shot, especially if I grab a red dot for it today.
    You are going to embarrass yourself on more than one front with the RDS!!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You are going to embarrass yourself on more than one front with the RDS!!
    Every time I’ve shot USPSA, I did it with a Roland Special in open class. Got some funny looks, but I really don’t care. I’m trying to get better with guns that I might actually use in DA STREETZ, not be the best at a sport. Plus the 870 is my only scattergun and I have many more things on the list before I buy anything else of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My boys shoot skeet and Clay's with BPS pumps since kids. (I have a citorri and a Beretta auto, so I cheat)

We will allow the what I call a slow double, 1 second delay instead of a real double. Or will do a report double. Some of the new machines will do that automatically.

As a kid I shot skeet and hunted with a '97 pump!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Meant to follow up on this - I didn't get the red dot but I did shoot the 870. Obviously had issues on the far clays since its the 18.5" barrel and I know I don't have the best choke for distance, but it was awesome. I find pumps to be very gratifying.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I infrequently shoot Sporting Clays using a Winchester Model 12 from 1938. I’m not a contender but I’m not in last place either. I think that it makes me slow down enough to look like a better shooter.