Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slings?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I currently have VTAC, VCAS, and Magpul. All have pros and cons. I like that the VTAC cinches tighter to my body, but don't like the long tail. I like that the VCAS and Magpul are clean with no tail, but they don't have enough adjustment range. I like the Magpul material better than the VCAS for the same reasons already mentioned. I wish I could find one that was clean with no tail, a comfortable material, and with a wide range of (quick) adjustment.
    Give the ESD (Edgar Sherman Design) sling a look. Sounds like it will check all those boxes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    I have experience with the padded VCAS, padded and unpadded VTAC, and padded Magpul MS1. (And about 10 minutes with the Slingster, until I noticed the slider was scratching everything it touched)...
    Yep this is true. The Slingster will scratch your receiver. Luckily, I don't care about scratches.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Yep this is true. The Slingster will scratch your receiver. Luckily, I don't care about scratches.

Scratches and wear from hard use - Absolutely!

Scratches from a well thought out, but poorly executed part on a $40 sling - hard pass, no matter how much it’s trending.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Scratches and wear from hard use - Absolutely!

Scratches from a well thought out, but poorly executed part on a $40 sling - hard pass, no matter how much it’s trending.
    I'm with you.....I dont throw my rifles down the driveway or put on faux "battleworn" finishes.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Give the ESD (Edgar Sherman Design) sling a look. Sounds like it will check all those boxes.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Not mentioned as we are a foreign manufacturer and still very unknown in the U.S. Although people on this forum may remember me from working at Ase Utra sound suppressors, which is my primary occupation still.

Here is another alternative that has not been mentioned, the Recon sling from 3HGR:

https://www.3hgr.fi/en/verkkokauppa/tuotteet/3hgr-recon

- Quality materials with IR protection
    - Does not absorb water in the same way as slings that utilize cotton in the sling material. So very good feature from the arctic to the jungles.

Great sling overall, even compared to the BFG VCAS slings, which I have personally used for many years.

Best Regards!

Tuukka ( co-owner at 3HGR )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234