Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slings?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the way the Sheriff of Baghdad's (SOB) B slings pull.

I usually by the mash-hook style and my wife uses a seam ripper to take the mash-hook off. After that we go one of two ways 1) she uses her mega sewing machine and nylon thread to sew on a QD Swivel; or 2) I thread the sling through a QD swivel using a slider as is commonly done.

https://sobtacticalshop.com/store/sl...ith-mash-hook/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I have the VTAC and the VCAS. And while the are both very functional. I much prefer the comfort, and simplicity of the VCAS. The VTAC does cinch tighter to the body. But it does leave alot of tail on the end.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I haven't tried a lot of slings like some other guys. However, I've recently switched to Ferro Concepts Slingster and can recommend it. Functionally, it's very ergonomic, comfortable and easy to use. I like the padding because it's very minimalistic, yet makes a noticeable difference unlike some other slings which either don't have any padding or have an extra thick/heavy one. Another benefit is that you can move the padding on the sling for a custom fit - it's not sawn in like pretty much all other padded slings.
    Not sure if you like it or not, but the webbing is fairly light and thin vs other slings. That can be a good or a bad thing depending on your intended use. I like it because keeps the weight down and slightly easier to adjust the sling vs thick webbing.

There are a couple of videos on youtube regarding it and they are pretty accurate if that helps.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    VCAS, Redback 1 and VTAC; the simpler the better. I have and use these.

Feedback Score
    I've run the BFG and Magpul MS-whatever. Now trying out an HSP. Of the three I like the Haley best because of the light weight webbing. I don't ask my slings to do much so I just need something that keeps the rifle off the ground. The fact that there isn't a bunch of extra sling to deal with is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I have the vcas and proctor wotg sling. Partial to the vcas, but I do like the proctor almost as much.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Used the VTAC for many years and it held up well and it cinches tight enough to do anything you could do with a rifle cinched to your body. For anyone that needs to go hands on or climb, toss it over your back often... I'd go VTAC for sure. For a solid basic adjustable 2 point, I like the VCAS. It's simple basic and just works.

I've run the Proctor (still have 2) for extended period and decided it's nice on a lightweight setup but I really prefer the VCAS overall. It's not fancy or fun, just plain works.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    With the exception of one OSOE single point bungee sling on an AK, all my long guns wear a non-padded BFG VCAS.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    With the exception of one OSOE single point bungee sling
    I find this to be a decent option for shotguns. However, all of my scatter guns are pumps so a single point just makes sense. What’s everyone else doing with their 870s and 590s?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajyaros View Post
    I have a Blue Force Gear VCAS currently. Are there any other out there that have the adjustability like mine that I should check out? I picked up a VCAS Medic that has dual adjustment straps but it’s a bit awkward.

Magpul MS1

I have had both and prefer the MS1 to the VCAS. It is much easier and faster to adjust for length in both directions. I also like how the Magpul webbing is softer and slides across clothing and gear more easily. That's part of why adjusting the length on the MS1 is easier/faster. It's also easier to push the rifle to hang by my side or behind my back.

It's a small detail but small details count when things are otherwise very close.
    LMT carbine Aimpoint.jpg
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 01-20-19 at 12:46.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast