Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slings?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    I find this to be a decent option for shotguns. However, all of my scatter guns are pumps so a single point just makes sense. What’s everyone else doing with their 870s and 590s?
    I have a VCAS on my 870
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I much prefer the Thortail. Very minimalist, lightweight, not a bunch of buckles and tails hanging off.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I have been through the gamut of regular, jungle, single point, three point, etc. since the 1980s.

Since About 15 years ago, a rapidly adjustable two point has pretty much proven to be the way to go. Some argue no quick release, vs one QR, vs 2 QR.

I have a variety of VTaC and VCAS.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I have been through the gamut of regular, jungle, single point, three point, etc. since the 1980s.

Since About 15 years ago, a rapidly adjustable two point has pretty much proven to be the way to go. Some argue no quick release, vs one QR, vs 2 QR.

I have a variety of VTaC and VCAS.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just an FYI - the slingster will scratch the shit out of your gun/ optic. The slider is metal and has some pretty gnarly exposed edges. I know, I know guns are tools, yada yada. I appreciate the wear marks on a seasoned firearm, but I also take care not to unnecessarily gouge them.

This was after 5 minutes of adjusting the length, checking function etc.

D85E050D-99B7-4CF6-9721-92B795614147.jpg
    Last edited by boomer223; 01-31-19 at 20:36. Reason: Uploaded pic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    I find this to be a decent option for shotguns. However, all of my scatter guns are pumps so a single point just makes sense. What’s everyone else doing with their 870s and 590s?
    Grove-tech QD sockets screwed and glued into the stock, I use a nordic component clamp on the front end - https://nordiccomp.com/categories/st...nny-rail-12ga/ a standard remington clamp, or these - https://www.gggaz.com/remington-870-...mbo-mount.html

I've tried the stock/receiver junction rear sling mounts and didn't care for them. I see limited utility in single point slings.

JMO
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I haven't tried a lot of slings like some other guys. However, I've recently switched to Ferro Concepts Slingster and can recommend it. Functionally, it's very ergonomic, comfortable and easy to use. I like the padding because it's very minimalistic, yet makes a noticeable difference unlike some other slings which either don't have any padding or have an extra thick/heavy one. Another benefit is that you can move the padding on the sling for a custom fit - it's not sawn in like pretty much all other padded slings.
    Not sure if you like it or not, but the webbing is fairly light and thin vs other slings. That can be a good or a bad thing depending on your intended use. I like it because keeps the weight down and slightly easier to adjust the sling vs thick webbing.

There are a couple of videos on youtube regarding it and they are pretty accurate if that helps.
    Yep. The Slingster from Ferro Concepts is my go-to now. Some of my rigs still wear a Vickers Blue Force Gear but I only buy the Slingster for any new rifles. Slick and easy.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I currently have VTAC, VCAS, and Magpul. All have pros and cons. I like that the VTAC cinches tighter to my body, but don't like the long tail. I like that the VCAS and Magpul are clean with no tail, but they don't have enough adjustment range. I like the Magpul material better than the VCAS for the same reasons already mentioned. I wish I could find one that was clean with no tail, a comfortable material, and with a wide range of (quick) adjustment.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Been using the Ares Arnor Amentum two point forever now.

https://youtu.be/W3iWw2KSQnA

https://youtu.be/B_j7a6JxjWg

If I have to buy new, I might try the Slingster.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have experience with the padded VCAS, padded and unpadded VTAC, and padded Magpul MS1. (And about 10 minutes with the Slingster, until I noticed the slider was scratching everything it touched)

The ESD (Edgar Sherman Design) sling is now my personal favorite. The only (possible) con for some folks will be that it doesn't come in a padded version.

Last edited by boomer223; 02-09-19 at 15:33.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast