Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Magpul and ETS Glock Magazine Reliability?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have 8 of both the G19 and G17 ETS mags that I’ve ran through dozens of IDPA matches, and never had a functional problem with any of them. I actually prefer them for IDPA because of their transparency and how easy that makes to identify the exact number of rounds in the mag, which is critical for IDPA. I should mention however that I experienced a follower chipping when one was dropped about 6 feet onto concrete. I emailed ETS and they sent me a replacement. For practice/training they are good to go for me.
    Last edited by Captains1911; 01-09-19 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    26Inf-
    First time I saw the pics, several years ago now...i thought the same thing brother. But, two things: 1. How do we know that aint what they do or look like inside of every other non see-through mags? 2. I own/shoot and use many many of the ETS Glock mags and several of the AR mags, several for years now. I just am not having any trouble with them..other that possibly the springs being very stiff when new. I get a new one, I load it to capacity, usually with difficulty, leave it be until next range trip, and after 2-3 cycles they are easier to load and good to go.
    Let me say this in all honesty- Ive NOT used a 10 round mag, so if that specific mag has issues, I cant legit comment.
    I'm not sure you understood that I was solely referring to the ETS 10 rounders. I have had nothing but favorable experiences with the ETS mags I use for action pistol.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm not sure you understood that I was solely referring to the ETS 10 rounders. I have had nothing but favorable experiences with the ETS mags I use for action pistol.
    Roger that.. I understand now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I only use the 17 round pmags for training as I've found my sample of 7 to occasionally fail to lock the slide back when empty. This has been noted on my gen 4 19, 17, and 34. No issues with factory mags.

Mags are approximately 2 years old. I've also noted that they are more difficult to load than factory Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Anyone have any data points or even recent personal experience?

I know the Magpuls had some issues early on. I would expect a company of their size and experience in the space to have made any necessary changes at this point.

Personally, I have run some ETS magazines as practice magazines and in a couple of classes for the last 3 years. They seem to run fine though I have a few that are not locking back the slide it seems. I need to keep up with it better but generally, they seem to work well, certainly well enough for Range Use.
    I use the Magpul for range only. They work fine with brass cases ammo as long as you don’t drop them in loose dirt/sand/mud. I’ve had good results with aluminum case ammo too but steel case is problematic (more friction). In order to make an all polymer mag that was strong enough and still had the same external dimensions as afactory mag Magpul had to make the mag body walls thicker which slightly reducedthe internal volume of the mag. Less volume = less tolerance of dirt or friction in the ammo stack.

I’ve used the Magpul 15, 17 and 21 round mags with similar results.
    The ETS mags are junk.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-26-19 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    I have some ETS mags and they work great. This has been for Glock style only, in both 9mm and .40 in a variety of capacities: 10 - 30 rounds. Some hard use (qual courses). I have put them to use in pistols (23, 27 and 26), an AR9, and (gone now) a Sub2K.
    Last edited by UTShooter71; 01-27-19 at 00:47.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Bumping this old thread...

We were running a new G19X this weekend. And I bought one of each of the Pmag and ETS mags to try. Both ran fine, of course. The ETS is edges out the Pmag because it drops free like a dream.

The pmag isn't sticky at all, but will not drop from the receiver when empty. That can be a good thing for training yourself NOT to count on a drop free reload, and using your "range bird" new mag indexing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Bumping this old thread...

We were running a new G19X this weekend. And I bought one of each of the Pmag and ETS mags to try. Both ran fine, of course. The ETS is edges out the Pmag because it drops free like a dream.

The pmag isn't sticky at all, but will not drop from the receiver when empty. That can be a good thing for training yourself NOT to count on a drop free reload, and using your "range bird" new mag indexing.
    Ive been a big fan of the ETS Glock & AR mags. Ive talked them up here for years, and own many.
    Finally found one that I wont use or try again...the ETS Shield 12 rounders.
    Ive had two now that absolutely will not run. The first one literally shot the follower out of the mag after shooting the first 12 rounds.
    Got another one...jam-o-matic.
    So..Im sticking with the Glock & AR mags.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. I've got an AR mag that I've shot about every other weekend for the past few years. It's been nothing but perfect. I'd buy more, but there's no way I need any more AR mags.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I just shot an ets 22 round 9mm glock mag for the first time. It had 3 failures to feed. Does it need to get broken in? Just a sample of one.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast