Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Current Magpul and ETS Glock Magazine Reliability?

Feedback Score
    I had to check to be sure I hadn't previously posted already as I'd probably expressed my opinion on alternate-brand mags on other threads/forums.

Magpul is my go-to AR15 mag, whether M2/M3/M3 w/window. All work in my two AR15s (Springfield and BCM brands). I understand Magpul is generally used/issued for M16/M4 AR-type rifles in the USMC; unknown to me regarding other US service branches.

The Magpul Glock mags were only so-so, with some premature slide lock-backs or bunching of steel-cased ammo (ammo column constipating the rounds feeding upward); all depending on which Glock and what ammo being used. I admit steel-cased ammo isn't shot by everybody and not generally used for carry ammo, but I've used it quite often in 9mm form.

I've found Magpul's Glock mags to have weaker springs than stock, and the per mag price difference to not be enough of a financial factor for me to deviate from Glock's own brand. Positives to the Magpul Glock mags is I like how easy they are to disassemble and Glock-brand mag springs can be used in a Magpul Glock mag if desired.

I've zero experience with the ETS company product(s).
    Last edited by L-2; 10-27-21 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have thousands of rounds through my magpul Glock mags, and I beat the hell out of them at the range. Gravel, concrete, sliding on them. Great training mags imo.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Lets see, floor plate falling off, crappy followers, weak springs, 2 out of the 10 magpuls 21rd glock mags purchased actually worked, the rest returned to magpul in exchange for M4 magazines. The customer service at Magpul is exemplary ! No hassle return, understood my frustration with the product; they were the utmost professionals.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    What about ten-rounders? For those in restricted states, who makes the best 10-round mags. Unfortunately, 10-round G17 and G19 OEM mags aren't as reliable as their full capacity counterparts.
    I have heard this for years and being in a crap/ban state I have had 10rd Glock mags forever all Gen's & never had an issue. I assume it's a "thing" but guess I have been lucky. Anyways I have tons of Magpul mags & several ETS mags all 10rd mags and all have performed fine in any situation I have used them in. I have a 9mm carbine also and have had zero function issues but a few of the Magpul mags fit tighter than others & need more push to lock in so I just have those marked and use them strickly in my 19X.

Feedback Score
    I have had zero issues with my ETS Glock mags (as mentioned above) or with any of my MagPul mags. I now have a M&P40 1.0 and a new KelTec S2K. I have the conversion barrel for the M&P and so bought several ETS M&P mags. This is where it gets weird. In my M&P it turns my pistol into a paperweight. It strips off the top round and then somehow deactivates the trigger. Dead gun. Now this same mag in my S2K... Its night and day. Hundreds of rounds and zero issues. They suck as M&P mags but are just fine as S2K M&P mags.

Feedback Score
    Considering OEM mags usually cost only a few dollars more than Magpul mags, I don’t really see the point of the Magpuls. That said, I’ve never had any problems with the few I own.

ETS mags, on the other hand, have only been trash for me.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. I like Magpul mags for plastic mags. However nothing beats USGI Mags. Okay or Surefeed as they call themselves today. Some people prefer Plastic. That's been hard for me to accept. But I'm dealing with it. One day at a time.

ETA

Oh yeah, this is the pistol forum.

No I only use OEM for pistols.
    Last edited by gsd2053; 02-14-22 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I too have had numerous issues with Magpul mags and glocks- prematurely locking open (G17 and 19’s). OEM mags on same gun / ammo combo do not have same issue. I keep what Magpul Glock mags I have just for training.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Been down the Magpul / ETS road before.

Ok for range if you like failure drills, especially the Magpul with steel cased ammo. My ETS G19 mags have been fine, the G43 mags on the other hand - absolute crap.

Glock OEM for everything else. Glad I stacked them deep in the Trump days for $18/each.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man I feel for you guys havin' problems with them.

Only issues I've ever had with Glock pmags is with steelcase ammo. Other than that, 100%.

Love the 21 rounders!

Still trying to wear out some of them as training mags. Not there yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast