Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Current Magpul and ETS Glock Magazine Reliability?

Feedback Score
    I have run both OEM and Magpul and not had any issues with either... maybe an occasional failure to lock back with the Magpul, but nothing I couldn't live with..

my biggest problem is I run mag extensions ( cause I have magwells on all my Glocks) is finding extensions for the Pmags... other than plastic extensions.. not sure why there isn't more availability of them.. they are hard to find

Back to reliability... I'm comfortable with BOTH Pmags or OEM

Feedback Score
    I haven’t had any problems with these; for context it’s based on long term but light usage.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have had no issues with ets glock mags and I find them adequate for range use. I have had issues with their mags in other platforms though.

I had plenty of issues with the pmags, mostly with steel and aluminum cased ammo. Personally, I want my mags to be able to everything.

That being said, I don't think I will buy anything but oem going forward. Oem Glock mags are cheap compared to most platforms anyway.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WornOutGrunt View Post
    I have run both OEM and Magpul and not had any issues with either... maybe an occasional failure to lock back with the Magpul, but nothing I couldn't live with..

my biggest problem is I run mag extensions ( cause I have magwells on all my Glocks) is finding extensions for the Pmags... other than plastic extensions.. not sure why there isn't more availability of them.. they are hard to find

Back to reliability... I'm comfortable with BOTH Pmags or OEM
    I've often wondered about possible mag extensions for the 17rounder, but then I just buy another 21 rounder instead. Win.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I've often wondered about possible mag extensions for the 17rounder, but then I just buy another 21 rounder instead. Win.
    I agree. I've probably got 20 of the 21 round magazines. They just keep going. I can't justify a $30-$40+ extension when there is a ready-made option that is half that price and doesn't require that I have a magazine to put it on.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Man I feel for you guys havin' problems with them.

Only issues I've ever had with Glock pmags is with steelcase ammo. Other than that, 100%.

Love the 21 rounders!
    PMAG work fine with brass, but I shoot a lot of steel cased ammo so it wasn't worth the drama.

As I mentioned, the G19/17 ETS mags have been fine, I like their 22rd mags and have a bunch - they seemed to work much better with steel but after having issues with the PMAGs with steel, I just went back to OEM. I like the 19rd G19X mags and found a lot of them on sale, so I use them a lot too. ETS G42 have been fine as well.

I was fortunate to get most of my G19/17 mags for $18-ish back when Brownells would run $199.99 for a 10 pack and then the 10-12% off coupon would still work on Glock stuff (they don't anymore). At the time PMAGs were $14-ish, so $4 more for an OEM was fine with me.

The ETS G43 mags however, I can't begin to describe how shitty they were outside from brass, FMJ ammo - which worked ok. JHPs of any type would nosedive - steel case was 'meh'. I tried to work with them for a solution but after awhile it seemed like they weren't that interested in helping - so I threw them all away (8 mags). Just got tired of wasting time / ammo with them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Roger that, I used to shoot alot of steel 9mm, was great for SOTM in certain venues where brass retrieval was problematic.

Once the local supply dried up, and it became WAY cheaper to reload, that ship sailed.

Feedback Score
    Never a single problem with either ETS or Pmags used in the Glock or AR or AK. Even with steel case and my own reloads.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345