Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up on Bear CReek Arsenal

Feedback Score

Heads up on Bear CReek Arsenal

I received a Bear Creek Arsenal 20 inch stainless 6.5 Grendel complete upper from a very good friend for Christmas this year. I was blown away at his generosity. When it came i looked it over and didn't see anything that was out of place or that looked wrong... that is until I tried to install a Magpul bipod mount on the M-Lok rail that came on the upper. The M-lok openings are so out of spec(undersized) that the t-nuts would not go on. The spec for the openings is 7mm according to Magpul... they are the experts on M-lok as they are the ones that came up with the design. The openings on the handguard measure 6.3mm to 6.75mm... too small to work! If the handguard is this out of spec what else is too?
    I contacted BCA on the 27th of December by email to their warranty department letting know that the 15 inch rail was out of spec and unusable. I also talked with a customer service rep on Facebook messenger. The customer service person said that there was nothing they could do and that it had to be handled by email with the warranty department. I have tried calling their number more then a dozen times and no one answers their phone and I get the message that the voice mail box is full. The person on Facebook messenger tells me that there is a new manager over the warranty dept but I still have not heard from them. I do realize that new years day was last week and that were closed, but, does it really take more then a week to reply to an email? Are they they that backed up with customer problems that they can not answer an email?
    There are better companies to deal with and I urge you to do so. If you choose to deal with Bear Creek Arsenal do so fully informed that you may get stuck with what they decide to ship to you!
    "If you pull it use it"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Can’t imagine anyone on this forum will be surprised by your experience. Quality assurance and customer service costs money. Shame you have to deal with that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On such an inexpensive upper, I wouldn't really have any problem with taking a file to create the additional clearance needed to fit the accessories. Certainly a sure thing, whereas going through BCA's "customer service" sounds a lot less so, and not to mention that it's a lot less hassle.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    On such an inexpensive upper, I wouldn't really have any problem with taking a file to create the additional clearance needed to fit the accessories. Certainly a sure thing, whereas going through BCA's "customer service" sounds a lot less so, and not to mention that it's a lot less hassle.
    I am one of those guys... it is the principle of the thing. Yes I could file/grind down the t-nuts or open up the opening, but I shouldn't have to. If it costs the company $5 more to actually do a decent job of QC then charge $5 more. To send out a product that is not correct is a bad business model and then not support the customers that paid good money for it is wrong IMHO. I just want to give those that take the time to read the thread a heads up about BCA business ethics.
    "If you pull it use it"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I imagine most of the people who frequent this forum don't exactly fit the BCA customer profile.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I imagine most of the people who frequent this forum don't exactly fit the BCA customer profile.
    You might be surprised...
    "If you pull it use it"

Feedback Score
    Might have a hard time getting a hold of them for the foreseeable future...

https://rantnc.com/2019/02/05/ice-ag...cturing-plant/

Feedback Score
    I'm shocked this thread hasn't been locked.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh boy. For hog hunting, I ordered a 7.62x39 upper with mlok rail and a standard fh. Upper came with a keymod rail and “swirl” fh. I now have the mlok rail....but still waiting for the fh.

Now I see this thread. Time to check my mlok rail.

Oh well, at least it runs well and is decently accurate for hog hunting.

I may get another BCA 7.62x39 upper for hunting if the mlok rail is ok
    Last edited by tim808; 02-17-19 at 19:33.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Makes me wonder about the PSA MLOK hand guards I have. I have had problems with the spacing on mounting Amazon Chinesium aluminum Pic rails. Not sure who is out of spec. Happened on more than one upper. Hmmmm........... I don't know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast