Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MRO Opinions?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Read through the thread - opinions/advice needed.

I've bounced all over on RDSs. Various Aimpoints I've had always looked like clusters to me, probably due to astigmatism. EOTechs have always been a little fuzzy, but much cleaner and precise than Aimpoints for me. I have a Mepro RDS that's the best so far. However, I'm looking for something small to go on a lighter, simple carbine - EOTech is bigger and heavier than I want. People on here recommended the MRO to me and I checked one out today. On what I would call the most useful setting, the dot starts to "starburst" and one setting higher from that produces noticeable red refraction/reflection. One setting lower than the most useful was perfectly crisp, but not quite as bright as I would like for daylight shooting. Is the starburst my eyes, or is that common with these? It's not terrible and would probably be fine out to 200yds, but I'm not sure.

So is that common with MROs? This was the red version and I don't know if it was Gen 1 or 2. Would the green be any different? At this point, I'm on the fence about buying if the bursting and refraction are common or if its my eyes. Other than the MRO, I'm not sure what other options I have.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, it's your eyes. You need to go with a prism scope or low power variable. Check out Primary Arms 1x prism. It's probably your best option since the dot is etched and ocular focused.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567