Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Opinions?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Huge disliker of them. Image shift, blurry with both eyes open and also doubling targets past 15m or so- just an an awful pos in my experience. Both pre, and >89k serials. Tried to like it, have looked through many different ones, and just find it to be a massive, massive piece of sh*t. If my life depended on it I'd rather point shoot

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    Huge disliker of them. Image shift, blurry with both eyes open and also doubling targets past 15m or so- just an an awful pos in my experience. Both pre, and >89k serials. Tried to like it, have looked through many different ones, and just find it to be a massive, massive piece of sh*t. If my life depended on it I'd rather point shoot
    So you are not an MRO fanboy??

Feedback Score
    Threads like this goes to show that once again everyone's eyes are different.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Threads like this goes to show that once again everyone's eyes are different.
    And that some never open their eyes at all.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

MRO Opinions?

Deleted

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I don't really care for them. They have a bit of a "fish eye" distortion going on and large shifts when the dot is not in the center of the optic. The MRO is basically a RMR.

I am currently running this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/Vortex-...H-1_p_890.html

I love the reticle and that it isn't an EOTech. Probably the best valued RDS on the market IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

MRO Opinions?

I’m not crazy about my MRO. For whatever reason the dot is not as clear as my Aimpoints or EoTechs with my astigmatism. I’d like to see a green reticle MRO. Anyone try one?

______

Grant,

First, that’s a heck of a price...

I am interested in one of these and looked at one at my local shop the other day. I’m reading mostly favorable reviews but your opinion carries some weight.

A couple questions please. How is the integrated mount? Decent? I’m still kind of on the fence with the size. It just seems big and bulky to me. It was not mounted on a gun when I was playing with it. Do you notice the size/bulk?

I also liked the reticle. I like my Eotechs.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't really care for them. They have a bit of a "fish eye" distortion going on and large shifts when the dot is not in the center of the optic. The MRO is basically a RMR.

I am currently running this: http://www.gandrtactical.com/Vortex-...H-1_p_890.html

I love the reticle and that it isn't an EOTech. Probably the best valued RDS on the market IMHO.

C4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 01-10-19 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    What I like about the MRO is that you from "OFF" to a usable setting. You don't have to toggle through a bunch of settings to get to one of the ones you use the most. And, no, I don't leave mine on all the time because I have other carbines with other optics that I use as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I have an astigmatism. The mro works much better for me than my old T1. I use an absolute Co witness mount. I look through the rear aperture for longer shots if I need to clean up the dot
    The two reasons I bought a half dozen of these for all my rifles (10/22, H&R 300 Blk, AR's, Sig 556r)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Looks like it's a crap shoot. I've always been told by people smarter than me that the red dot is preferable and easier to see for the way our eyes work. FWIW I haven't used an Eotech in decades, just Aimpoints and ACOG's other than variables. Maybe I just need to buy another T-1 or 2 or make the jump to the LPVO. I've always paid high dollar for optics anyway. Vortex intrigues me and maybe I need to try one or two but if it wasn't Aimpoint, Trijicon, or Nightforce I passed. I always liked the size and weight of the T-1's but maybe it's time to expand my horizons.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've owned just about every rds and holographic on the market. The MRO was my least favorite, like others said, image shift, blue tint and huge parallax shift. I'm back on Eotech at the moment, enjoy the completely tint free glass and huge field of view.

I've owned a few LPVO's and could never get on board. They sound great in theory, but they add at least 1.5 lbs to the rifle and the eye relief/eye box issues are irritating to me. Definitely useable and versatile, but I've went back zero magnification and couldn't be happier.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast