Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Opinions?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Try before you buy. As mentioned above, everyone's eyes, and preferences for optics, are different.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have tried many times to like the MRO that I bought for my daughter. My astigmatism is worse with it compared to the aimpoint. The shift is pronounced. Like 8" at 100 yards. I hope it works better for her.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

MRO Opinions?

I’ve tried to like mine too. The first couple uses I thought it would be fine. But the more use, the less I like it. Main reason is the dot is not nearly as clear as my Aimpoints and EoTechs. Disappointing.

I have since put it on my wife’s AR and she seems to do fine with it.

I did pick up one of the Vortex UH-1 sights and ran it yesterday. Nice, clear reticle. I was concerned about size vs Eotech but it’s a really decent size and balances nicely on the gun. We’ll see with more use but I think it will be a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I have tried many times to like the MRO that I bought for my daughter. My astigmatism is worse with it compared to the aimpoint. The shift is pronounced. Like 8" at 100 yards. I hope it works better for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 01-19-19 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love the size of the MRO especially on a 6720 upper. If the MRO had the same levels of brightness as the aimpoint pro and crispness of dot, it would work for me. With the aimpoint pro, the intensity of the dot and it's smaller looking dot at the lower settings suits my astigmatism better. The aimpoint pro does surprisingly well at 200 yards as the dot can be dialed down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Each optic and person will vary. While I didn't like the blue tint and the image shift, I found the dot to be more crisp/rounder and smaller than my Aimpoint PRO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well....since your a NF fanboy ( I feel your pain) just buy the 1-8 NXS. If you want to buy cheap, the damn Sig T1 knock off is amazing. Don’t get the new one with Eotech reticle, the battery underneath fks up aftermarket mounts up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I really like them and while I trust them more than eotech I still file them in the same category. A would be military grade optic that fails too much to be a military grade optic. I know some might really disagree with me but eotech s break all the time. I’m not even going to debate that. The MRO seems better but I still see a tad too many failures. The newer ones seem better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenightvision View Post
    I really like them and while I trust them more than eotech I still file them in the same category. A would be military grade optic that fails too much to be a military grade optic. I know some might really disagree with me but eotech s break all the time. I’m not even going to debate that. The MRO seems better but I still see a tad too many failures. The newer ones seem better.

What were most of the failures?

Feedback Score
    I’ve seen a lot of aimpoints fail. Comp m4’s and comp m2’s. No optic is unbreakable. I like the MRO’s that I have played with I like the Eotech I have. I don’t care much for the aimpoint I have used for work. I haven’t heard failure problems with MRO’s just blue tint 1.05 magnification if you look for it and the parallax problem but green eye tactical says the aimpoint micros have the worst parallax of all. Get what works for your eyes.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I haven’t heard failure problems with MRO’s just blue tint 1.05 magnification if you look for it and the parallax problem but green eye tactical says the aimpoint micros have the worst parallax of all. Get what works for your eyes.
    I believe the T-2 had much less parallax than the T-1, but these tests were not a big deal for me. That is for another thread.

When the MRO came out I sold off a Micro and RMR to try and standardize. Bought 2 MROs on Scalarworks mounts ($575 each!?!). I read all the negative reviews but I went for it.

Long story short, the more and more I used them, the more and more I hated them. I can deal with blue tint. I *think* the image shift was just hard on my brain. It was a stress to look through the optic on long range days is the best way I can describe it.

I had cheap optics for PCCs and 22s (Holosun/Sig Micro clones) and I ended up using those instead of the MROs.

I am now back to a hodgepodge of optics for my 2 primary carbines - Aimpoint PRO and Leupold LCO. And I am happy with both, particularly the LCO.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast