Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Opinions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    What were most of the failures?
    I'd like to know also.

The initial batch of MROs did not come with batteries installed and people bend the contacts by installing the battery improperly. Soon after Trijicon shipped the units with the battery already installed.

The only issue beside the tint/fisheye of which both has been slightly improved since serial # 90,000 and up is the parallax is worse than an Aimpoint. But then, if you want to complain about that you shouldn't be using a RDS and should get an Eotech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenightvision View Post
    I really like them and while I trust them more than eotech I still file them in the same category. A would be military grade optic that fails too much to be a military grade optic. I know some might really disagree with me but eotech s break all the time. I’m not even going to debate that. The MRO seems better but I still see a tad too many failures. The newer ones seem better.
    Where's all this failure data of yours coming from? Care to share it?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Green MRO is on sale at Primary Arms for $369 without a mount.

I don't think I would ever buy one again unless I could get a later serial number in hand to see if there is much of a difference. My bet is that the slight improvement still won't work my eyes.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-28-19 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    One thing with the Green MRO is tint is almost non-existent, but you get less battery life (1 year vs 5 years).
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 02-28-19 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    I really like mine. It is a very sturdy piece. I am running it on my B&T APC9 right now but have had it on my Sig 553 in the past. No issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I’m not crazy about my MRO. For whatever reason the dot is not as clear as my Aimpoints or EoTechs with my astigmatism. I’d like to see a green reticle MRO. Anyone try one?

______

Grant,

First, that’s a heck of a price...

I am interested in one of these and looked at one at my local shop the other day. I’m reading mostly favorable reviews but your opinion carries some weight.

A couple questions please. How is the integrated mount? Decent? I’m still kind of on the fence with the size. It just seems big and bulky to me. It was not mounted on a gun when I was playing with it. Do you notice the size/bulk?

I also liked the reticle. I like my Eotechs.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I recently purchased a green dot. I have zero experience with the red version, just making that known. I personally don't like green. I'm having a harder time picking it up vs a red dot. Also, one downside of the green dot is the battery life is shortened to 1-year vs 5-year red dot version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

MRO Opinions?

I bought a green one to try as well. I didn’t like it either. I returned it. The reticle was actually worse in clarity vs a red dot. Surprised me because the green reticles on my Trijicon AGOGs are as clear as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by mgennardo83 View Post
    I recently purchased a green dot. I have zero experience with the red version, just making that known. I personally don't like green. I'm having a harder time picking it up vs a red dot. Also, one downside of the green dot is the battery life is shortened to 1-year vs 5-year red dot version.

Last edited by arptsprt; 03-05-19 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just acquired a "second gen" MRO from a trade and I will say I like it much better than the older version I had. The blue tint is now barely noticeable and there is no magnification in this unit. If I would've had this second gen unit from the beginning I would've never gotten rid of it. I'm confident in saying the new MRO is GTG

Feedback Score
    After re-reading both RDS parallax threads I say if you plan to run an MRO, train yourself to try to center the dot over the front sight post to avoid the parallax-induced POI shift.

I love my MRO's.

But supposedly the MRO is AWFUL on parallax especially when the dot is not centered at longer ranges , so that's why I say train yourself to always center the dot as much as possible to the front sight post.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-08-19 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rodger that. I guess that's the price one pays to have the large objective lenses, there has to be some type of tradeoffs I suppose.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast