Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil for revolvers ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Oil for revolvers ?

I use CLP on semi auto rifles and pistols. That's what it's made for. Do y'all think I should use a lighter oil on revolvers?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No.

I've used Mobil 1 on (and in) revolvers for ever.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use Mobil 1 myself on the moving parts that rub. Ballistol everyplace else. On my blued guns I'll rub some Frog Lube on the outside, it's a decent rust preventative and it gives me a use for it since I stopped using it in other areas.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I use any decent oil I have laying around. Weaponshield, Lucas Extreme, Slip2000 etc... Usually whatever I have handy in a needle oiler, anything except FrogLube.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    LSA the best lube evea.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I used Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil on all my firearms. It's worked well for a lot of years.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    If I can reach it, light film of synthetic grease applied, if I can't, synthetic oil dripped on/in.

Same for all my guns.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This is one thing I favor with Ruger. You can easily lube them, either by removing the trigger group on the GP's or via the lube plug on the LCR's. I don't have a problem with taking a side plate off but it's not for the average gun owner. Ballistol spray is also a decent choice if you want to "flood" the internals from the hammer area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I use Mobil 1 myself on the moving parts that rub. Ballistol everyplace else. On my blued guns I'll rub some Frog Lube on the outside, it's a decent rust preventative and it gives me a use for it since I stopped using it in other areas.
    Froglube paste is the best gun product I tested on corrosion, it was right up there slightly ahead of Eezox. But I'm like you, I won't even think about it for lubrication on inside of a gun. It works good on the plastic cam slides on Dillon presses too.

O/P CLP will be fine. I tend to gravitate to Ballistol on revos, because it basically will never turn to varnish and won't hurt wood. But I think that varnish part holds true for all synthetic oils these days. Mobil 1, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    Froglube paste is the best gun product I tested on corrosion, it was right up there slightly ahead of Eezox. But I'm like you, I won't even think about it for lubrication on inside of a gun. It works good on the plastic cam slides on Dillon presses too.

O/P CLP will be fine. I tend to gravitate to Ballistol on revos, because it basically will never turn to varnish and won't hurt wood. But I think that varnish part holds true for all synthetic oils these days. Mobil 1, etc.
    Dang! Small world, I use it for Dillon press lube too. It does "soak" into parkerized finishes also. Last Sunday I shot a local 2 gun match in continuous rain fall. My AR was exposed to the rain from 0830 to 1430 as was my Colt .38 super. Both had been treated with Frog Lube on the exterior and I noticed the water beading up like a Rain-X treated windshield on both weapons. No failures and zero rust.

I 2nd Balistol and Mobil 1 for oils. I've used Ballistol to preserve the old leather sheath and leather washers for my dad's old Marbles hunting knife.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 02-01-19 at 08:52.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast