So I’m in the market for a suppressor that will primarily be used on an 5.56 SBR but would also be swapped around.

I have not selected or built the 11.5” upper yet and was contemplating all the components needed to tune it to run suppressed and unsuppressed. Then I started reading about the new OSS suppressors but it seems there isn’t much experience with the new models. I am also reading about the NG2 MAXFLO technology as well as some new more traditional baffle designs claiming reduced back pressure like the Q and SIG models.

I will admit, the idea of a suppressor that gives me good at ear dB reduction and doesn’t need adjustable GBs, bolt carriers, etc to tune it is very appealing. I would love to just run a properly ported barrel with a standard GB so the OSS and NG2 designs are very intriguing.

I’m interested to hear your opinions on this. Is it better to just build a tunable rifle and use a more proven design? Are baffleless suppressors the way of the future? What models do you recommend regardless of technology?