Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Back Pressure Suppressors - Opinions and Recommendations

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If I was in the market for a new can I would take a look at the new Sig cans they announced at Shot.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    In general if you're going for less back pressure and quieter at the ear, consider 7.62 can over 5.56.

There's a lot of brand attachment, but I'd say pick the mounting system you want, pick the caliber can and go from there, read/watch reviews and shoot some if you can.

I went with a Q Thunder Chicken for my first can, will eventually be used on 300BLK but will sit on 5.56 until then. I'll end up getting Qs stainless version of the Trash Panda when they release supposedly this year for 5.56.

Haven't shot with the Cherry Bomb yet, but I had my barrel tapered for it and torqued it to 30ft/lbs.

Feedback Score
    254 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    At industry day I had the opportunity to shoot a lot of different cans on multiple hosts, and as far as low blowback the OSS is king. Even on short barrel full auto rifles I had zero gas to the face which says a lot as I’m a lefty. It’s not just a little better, it’s substantially better than a traditional baffle stack can. At the Triarc booth I shot an oss equipped 11.5 next to a dead air 11.5 and the difference was noticeable. Combined with a taper mounting system and LH thread I don’t know if there’s a more advanced suppressor design out there.
    Thank you for this.

I too am a lefty on the long guns so I appreciate the input.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Sorry, not a fan of OSS. Sick of 5 generations of hype. Like I said the new Sig suppressors are designed specifically for low blowback.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, I know I’m in the minority, but I built my 11.5 with the Sionics RGP barrel and Stag lefty receiver. Works good for me. I run the YHM Turbo.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Well, I know I’m in the minority, but I built my 11.5 with the Sionics RGP barrel and Stag lefty receiver. Works good for me. I run the YHM Turbo.
    I'm with you. The deeper you get with suppressors the more you learn it has more to do with the gun vs the can.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Sorry, not a fan of OSS. Sick of 5 generations of hype. Like I said the new Sig suppressors are designed specifically for low blowback.

I recently added an AUG to my collection. I'm very seriously thinking about picking up one of the new Sig cans for it. It should help with the terrible piston pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    .../In general if you're going for less back pressure and quieter at the ear, consider 7.62 can over 5.56...
    This is what I chose to do.

12.5” Noveske with a Silencerco Chimera fitted with a 5.56 end cap as well as an VLTOR A5H4 buffer. It’s a somewhat fat, somewhat short 30cal can. No gas to face.

I also handload for this rifle. My loads are less gassy than say, M193, for reasons I don’t fully understand but appreciate.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 02-19-20 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Sionics Reduced Gas Pressure (RGP) or if you will run suppressed 100% of the time, Extreme RGP barrel. I have both and they are great.

I like the Sig cans, not the new ones but the old ones are great too. They are a little fatter making less back pressure. You can buy the direct thread Sig 556 can if you are going to run suppressed all the time and its cheap. Its badd ass.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    A new model to consider: CGS Helios QD. The below videos are with the standard front cap though.

Here it is on a 5.5" 7.62x39 firing in full auto and semi: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5HAuDagxAU and https://www.instagram.com/p/B5F9P1mgxUe

And here it is on 10.5" MK18 doing a full auto mag dump: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4-2aCyAQ86

The standard front cap allows it to work like a traditional silencer and the vented front cap allows it to work as an "out the front" vented silencer similar to OSS/TDS/NG2/MM/etc but better, just by changing the front cap out. It comes as a kit with a 1/2x28 direct thread mount, a 5/8x24 direct thread mount, a QD adapter which will work with any 1.375x24 Omega pattern mount, a standard front cap, and a vented front cap. All the joints sit on shallow tapers and since it's DMLS 718 Inconel which is 3D printed, the silencer is perfectly concentric. And like all of our 5.56 silencers it has a 7.62 bore so it helps with backpressure and ear sound and also gives you some margin of error if your barrel's a bit nonconcentric.

It doesn’t have a minimum barrel length. The Helios QD silencer is pretty much impossible to kill by any conventional method. We’ve fired ~2300rds through one on a MK18, half with full auto 30rd mag dumps and the other half semi auto and then did ten 30rd mags in a row full auto and five 30rd mags in a row full auto as fast as the mags could be changed, all of those ~2300rds being fired over only maybe 3hrs. Then we took it to the NFA Review shoot. We’ve been doing 200rd belts through them with a SAW to the point the barrel droops. Then shot it more when it cooled.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast