Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero lower issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Aero lower issue

I just bought a Aero complete lower,everything looks good fit and finish, but when I try to put a fully loaded 30 round Pmag it will just fall back out, remove one round and it locks in just fine. Is this a lower issue or a mag issue, for me it is not a big deal, so what is you guys opinions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Does it work with the bolt locked back?

I usually download 2 rounds for this very reason.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try being a little firmer and try other mags.

You should be able to seat most modern magazines loaded to 30 rounds on a closed bolt.

I began shooting AR's back in the day when everyone downloaded to 28 and I just continued the practice. I also pretty exclusively use USGI aluminum mags.

Most important is that the mag reliably feeds that first round.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you are loading on a closed bolt, push harder. It might be the adjustment of your mag release also. This vid shows how to install, maybe one turn tighter will fix your problem.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A Pmag can be loaded to thirty one rounds. It's happened before and will prevent the magazine from latching in since the magazine spring is fully compressed and there isn't any space left to allow the magazine to be engaged by the mag catch. Looking down at a fully loaded Pmag with the rounds facing forward. If there's thirty rounds in the mag, the top round will be on the right side of the stack. If you loaded thirty one by mistake, the top round will be on the left side of the stack.

There are also instances where in some Pmags that were loaded with thirty rounds, a condition would occur where the top two rounds would be slightly cocked and not parallel to each other. This condition would make it somewhat difficult to fully seat the magazine. Just a few easy things to check before thinking that there are issues with the lower or the magazine. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Came to say what 3AE posted. The PMAG30 easily holds 31 rounds. I see it at work all the time. Officers talking while loading mags will fill it all the way up then the mag won't seat on a closed bolt and they think there is a problem with the rifle. With the fully loaded 30 round mag with round on the right you should be able to push the top round down in the magazine about 1/4 of an inch. David

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Aero lower issue

Could be a number of things. I had a similar problem years ago with my Noveske. IIRC, I just wasn’t seating it hard enough. It felt like I needed a lot of force but I was also sitting in my house hand cycling it. I never actually had a problem on the range when doing a real mag change so I’m pretty sure I was just over thinking it. You see it a lot with handguns too - people will wonder why their pistol isn’t feeding or ejecting reliably when hand cycling but then they actually shoot it and there’s no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone for your replys, I will check the mag release when I get back home, I am on my way to Laredo at the moment and won't get back till Sunday. I didn't mention that I tryed the loaded mag in an other rifle with no problem, but I will double check the round count, thanks to everyone I knew that I could be set in the right direction here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With 30 rounds in the magazine, if insertion doesn't work with a closed bolt, try pressing / holding in the magazine release when inserting and see what you get.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone for your help, I go home and discovered I was over loading the mag, works fine with 30, but I my keep it at 28.

Thanks again to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast