Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: colt 6951

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    My full auto Colt 6991. Vltor A5H4 buffer. Slowed the rate of fire down a little.
    Attachment 55548Attachment 55547
    I was running A5H4 in my full auto 6991 as well. Good results. I am now running KAK 10oz w/standard Carbine spring. From my experience is shots softer and slowed the cyclic rate of fire just enough. I can do 3 round bursts with ease and the casings aren’t as dirty which tells me the bolt is staying home longer. I have tried everything and the kak 10oz is the best I’ve tried. Your miles May very.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 02-28-19 at 13:48.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Tell me a little more about the Vltor A5H4. Might make my semi auto run a little softer?
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Tell me a little more about the Vltor A5H4. Might make my semi auto run a little softer?
    Moon
    I love it. Only reason I went a little heavier was to slow the cyclic rate a little more. Even now it’s a tough choice on the KAK 10 oz or A5H4. Both soften the recoil in my opinion. Will only use ether or.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Indiana, do you have a source? Price? Thanks.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Indiana, do you have a source? Price? Thanks.
    Moon
    I paid 50$ direct from KAK and the Vltor from optics planet the same I think. Both worth it. I ran my 6951 full auto at an IDPA with KAK 10oz. I have 3 round burst down pat.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    I have ordered a 8 oz kak buffer for my 6951 , I have a springco red xp spring in the carbine , do I still need to use the spacer in back of the buffer spring , this is my first 9mm ar , trying to learn what I need and don't need

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrelt View Post
    I have ordered a 8 oz kak buffer for my 6951 , I have a springco red xp spring in the carbine , do I still need to use the spacer in back of the buffer spring , this is my first 9mm ar , trying to learn what I need and don't need
    No spacer needed. Use a regular carbine buffer spring and not an XP. XP gives you a big dip when cycling forward. Use regular standard power carbine spring.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    thanks , I will put the standard carbine buffer spring back in it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12