Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Help: Can't Get Chamber Face Clean?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    I'm aware it's been rather obnoxious. This'll probably be the last thread I make. I'll go back to lurking.
    C'mon man. BS can get old for sure. Just bob and weave.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate all the responses and advice in this thread and the ones prior so far. I've learned a lot from here and from the articles linked. I'll still be around. Thanks everyone. I'm just gonna shoot the crap out of this thing and enjoy it.

Feedback Score
    Shooter's Choice Polymer Safe Quick Scrub Firearms Action Cleaner will easily make your chamber look like new. It is sold in an inexpensive 12.5 oz aerosol can and works as advertised.

There is a chronicle of Filthy 14, the BCM rifle used by Pat Roger's EAG Tactical. This is an extreme example, yet insightful. This chronicle can be viewed on the Slip 2000 website https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-...ine-filthy-14/
    “All the people constitute the militia – according to the Founding Fathers. Therefore every able-bodied man has a duty under the Constitution to become part of the ‘well-regulated’ militia, specifically to understand and perform well with the individual weapon currently issued to the regular establishment …. Thus one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen.”

Colonel Jeff Cooper, USMC May 10th, 1920 - September 25th, 2006 WWII Korea

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Trekker View Post
    There is a chronicle of Filthy 14, the BCM rifle used by Pat Roger's EAG Tactical. This is an extreme example, yet insightful. This chronicle can be viewed on the Slip 2000 website https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-...ine-filthy-14/
    The amount of crud that rifle went through is as much a testament to BCM as well as an AR running a mid-length gas with a button-rifled chrome lined barrel. Granted it is a sample of one and may be a singular unique outlier but still...

I have to agree with the general notion OP, keep posting with progress on shooting the snot out of your 6920. Don't sweat the little things and take ample notes of the performance over the lifespan, parts wear, and even ammunition type and manufacture at listed temps and conditions (god love smartphones with built in weather apps).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    The amount of crud that rifle went through is as much a testament to BCM as well as an AR running a mid-length gas with a button-rifled chrome lined barrel. Granted it is a sample of one and may be a singular unique outlier but still...
    I think the whole problem with Filthy 14 is that folks miss the point of the exercise and go overboard on rounds between maintenance other than douching the rifle with lube.

I tend to keep my rifles 'two hundred rounds clean' to avoid getting firing residue on me.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I shoot all suppressed. The blow back creates some gd awful carbon build ups. I clean my M4 completely EVERY time, as well as all my other suppressed guns. The .22 is tough. One visit to the range and my little ruger/sparrow combo gets blasted with carbon and lead.

Use a dremel followed by a super fine grit to clean suppressors (not the .40 glock/osprey, or the DD M4/socom silencerco) the osprey and socom don't get dirty or cleaned. The copper cladding and muzzle blast (m4) keep them clean. The guns attached to the suppressors get trashed with carbon build up. I clean everything. A small metal implement is ideal for the area you speak of. The base metals are much stronger than 36ksi steel. I believe they run 60ksi yield strength in the chamber. You won't skratch those parts.

You are NOT ocd. Don't listen to these haters, they trash everyone who isn't them. Dont waste your time letting them dictate your enjoyment of the sport.

I also have a couple cabot pistols. They are very expensive and have incredible tolerances. A little carbon and they get less dependable. If you saw my cabots, youd see clean. Especially my Trump .45.

Feedback Score
    Put a pan on the floor to catch fluids Go to Wal-Mart and buy their brand of carburetor cleaner. Aim the muzzle at said pan. Spray liberally into the chamber. Re-lube the rifle. Save the caught fluid for future parts cleaning. Go shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwg020 View Post
    Put a pan on the floor to catch fluids Go to Wal-Mart and buy their brand of carburetor cleaner. Aim the muzzle at said pan. Spray liberally into the chamber. Re-lube the rifle. Save the caught fluid for future parts cleaning. Go shooting.
    Look at the labels - you want to get brake parts cleaner, I believe most carb cleaner has water in it.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Look at the labels - you want to get brake parts cleaner, I believe most carb cleaner has water in it.
    I meant break parts cleaner. Thanks catching that.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You also generally want non-chlorinated brake cleaner.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast