Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help: Can't Get Chamber Face Clean?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    I shoot all suppressed. The blow back creates some gd awful carbon build ups. I clean my M4 completely EVERY time, as well as all my other suppressed guns. The .22 is tough. One visit to the range and my little ruger/sparrow combo gets blasted with carbon and lead.

Use a dremel followed by a super fine grit to clean suppressors (not the .40 glock/osprey, or the DD M4/socom silencerco) the osprey and socom don't get dirty or cleaned. The copper cladding and muzzle blast (m4) keep them clean. The guns attached to the suppressors get trashed with carbon build up. I clean everything. A small metal implement is ideal for the area you speak of. The base metals are much stronger than 36ksi steel. I believe they run 60ksi yield strength in the chamber. You won't skratch those parts.

You are NOT ocd. Don't listen to these haters, they trash everyone who isn't them. Dont waste your time letting them dictate your enjoyment of the sport.

I also have a couple cabot pistols. They are very expensive and have incredible tolerances. A little carbon and they get less dependable. If you saw my cabots, youd see clean. Especially my Trump .45.
    But you'll dictate to him though? How to make friends and influence people no doubt. We're just giving the guy a bit of our experience and what worked for us..that's all. Maybe the guy isn't running suppressors all the time, maybe he doesn't need to whip out the "oh so dangerous" dremel. Maybe he shouldn't worry about the tiny ring of carbon on the face of the breech because it being there or not there makes no difference. Just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Just like everyone else said, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I just use my chamber brush with Hoppes, swab it all out, and run with it.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    Just like everyone else said, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I just use my chamber brush with Hoppes, swab it all out, and run with it.
    Exactamundo!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Look at the labels - you want to get brake parts cleaner, I believe most carb cleaner has water in it.
    I have noticed that carb cleaner becomes very cold as it expands coming out of the can. It condenses moisture from the air and not from the can. I can only guess since brake cleaner is alcohol/ acetone any water condensed is diluted in the brake cleaner spray. It evaporates as the spray evaporates.

kwg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567