Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Help: Can't Get Chamber Face Clean?

Feedback Score
    Let the scratches fill up with carbon and you’ll be GTG.

Feedback Score
    It’s ruined. You can send it to my FFL and I will dispose of it properly.

Feedback Score
    I'm actually surprised how patient the forum has been with you with your many questions. I'm not sure how you make it through the day. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I'm actually surprised how patient the forum has been with you with your many questions. I'm not sure how you make it through the day. lol
    I'm aware it's been rather obnoxious. This'll probably be the last thread I make. I'll go back to lurking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Shooting it is what I plan to continue doing. I do have some concern about the scratches though. If it's worst case scenario, and it did scratch into the chrome lining, could that lead to functionality problems down the road as I shoot it more? I'm signed up for a class and plan to take more with it. It's gonna be seeing a lot of ammo going through it.
    The chrome lining holds up to a copper bullet under extreme pressure scrapping over it tens of thiusands of times.

Steel cased ammo does not chip chrome plating. The gun is built to be abused by generations of 19year-olds training, cleaning, and learning with it.

You did not hurt the gun. Its not fragile.

Feedback Score
    I'm aware it's been rather obnoxious. This'll probably be the last thread I make. I'll go back to lurking.
    Honestly. Keep this gun for “serious” use. Buy a duplicate and try to beak it with normal use.

Run the shit out of it.
    Let it flop around your trunk.
    Go hiking/climbing with it.
    Toss it around.
    Use steel picks to clean it.

See if any if that causes it to fail. It will build your confidence, teach you a lot.
    Then share your findings, maybe we could all learn from it.

Edit- also, search for eurodriver’s threads - he did a lot of this and shared already. But doing it yourself still builds confidence.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-10-19 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    lighten up a little bit guys.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can't add anything to this discussion. Shoot the damn thing and have fun.

My dad used to say I could f**k up an anvil with a banana. I am that hard on stuff. I have yet to break an AR. My primary weapon is a Daniel Defense DDM4V7 I purchased in late 2011. I has roughly 10,000 rounds down the tube, been to four two-day training classes, I hunt coyotes and fox with it, haul it on my ATV and my snowmobile. I topped it with an AIM Point PRO probably 5 years ago after going through a couple other sights. This rifle has been in on ATV rollover accident where it survived with a small scratch on the stock, it fell out of my snowmobile scabbard at 60mph and was run over by another snowmobile without a single spec of damage. My method of cleaning is spraying the lower out with Braklean and oiling it. I spray out the bolt carrier group and oil it as well. I spray out the barrel and thats it. It has never seen a bore brush or a chamber brush. The ONLY thing that has happened to this rifle is that I lost a bolt lug at about 6000 rounds. I put in a new Colt bolt and moved on. These rifles are tough. If your main concern is out to 100yds, this rifle is still accurate enough to hit coyotes at that distance with a red dot, even though I have put it through this abuse.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey OP! Don't go back to just lurkin'! Lot of good info here, and seem to be good folks. Some of my friends are here, even. I've learned alot in my short time here.

As for your initial question, your weapon will be fine, as others have stated. Be sure and read those two articles. They are great. Pat Rogers was a great man, and taught us all alot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Please do continue to participate.

We need these threads to keep things interesting and stimulate discussion that old hands never bother to talk about becaue we have been doing it so long.

Usually with an AR, I just lube the bolt after a shooting session with some slip 2000.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 01-11-19 at 01:34.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast