Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know we are all sick of these. Vortex crossfire vs holosun paralow

Feedback Score

I know we are all sick of these. Vortex crossfire vs holosun paralow

Need some help deciding for a cheaper red dot for my 300blk pistol. Been leaning towards holosun but now vortex caught my eye. Opinions? And yes I searched

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been looking too. Vortex stated battery life is low compared to others.

You might check the Sig Romeo 5 and Romeo 4m in the same price range as those 2.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Crossfire has been on for the last 8 months, and I've only turned it off during a couple weekends. It's been on brightness setting 5 or 6. I haven't checked the cell's voltage yet, so I will probably do that this weekend. I just checked the website, and the stated battery life at level 5 is suggested to be 9.5 months. I'll happily spend $4 a year to change it every 6 months.

It's been very reliable, and lived on a 308 for a few range trips. I'd be surprised if recoil would kill one....and if it runs for 6 months, I'd expect it to run for 6 years.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-09-19 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't know anything or have any experience with Holosun, but I know that Vortex is a great company and I have been very pleased with all of m products from them as well as all interactions with their staff. That's enough for me.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Primary Arms Micro Advanced has a good battery life
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't know anything or have any experience with Holosun, but I know that Vortex is a great company and I have been very pleased with all of m products from them as well as all interactions with their staff. That's enough for me.
    I have 5 Vortex and 2 Holosun. They're gtg imo. I'm awaiting parts to assemble a 300blk upper. I have a Holosun 510C reflex on one of my pistols. I'll likely borrow it for the 300 for a while. For close-up stuff I appreciate a circle along with a dot. The Holosun has a large screen, 65moa circle with 2moa dot. It displays dot only, circle only, circle/dot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have several Vortex red dots that have been amazing optics. All 6 have been solid little performers and love the life time warranty.
    I have been leaning towards the Sig's / Holosun's for my last few as I really like the MOTAC feature that wakes the sight when movement is detected. Preserves battery and has been 100% functional on the Sig Romeo5 I picked up. Nice little optic. From what I have read the Holosun is very similar to the Sig.
    Last edited by Freelance; 01-10-19 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I just made a decision on one of those two sights. Ended up buying a HS515CU for the solar and the battery tray for my .22lr back packer. I was unimpressed by the crossfire when compared to what you can potentially get with the holosun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I was in a gun shop a couple days ago, a customer was trying to decide between an MRO and a Crossfire. He decided on the Crossfire, and I bought the demonstration model (their last one in inventory). If the Crossfire were over $300, I may choose a different option, but for $150, it's a damn good choice.

When I got home last night, I picked up the AR with the Crossfire, and the dot had noticeably dimmed on level 6, and didn't get brighter as the brightness was increased. Their 9.5 month battery life on level 5 seems very accurate to me, as mine gets used outdoor often at higher than 6, and likely gets left there for days/weeks until I use it in less bright conditions. I picked up a $1.50 battery off my desk, put it in, and it's now good to go till Summer.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-12-19 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    Holosun makes the Rome sights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast