Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK12 Mod 1 INSPIRED Build

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

MK12 Mod 1 INSPIRED Build

No, not a clone, but I refer to it as an MK12 Mod 1 INSPIRED build. It all started with the KAC SR-15 FF RAS (long p/n 99167) that I got from Elephant in the PIF thread.

Parts list:

Upper:
    Noveske gen 1 chainsaw - had on hand
    Ballistic Advantage 18" 5.56 SPR rifle length gas barrel w/ Ops 12, gas block and tube
    YHM Phantom QD muzzle brake
    BCM BCG
    Radian Raptor CH
    Magpul MBUS Pro
    Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24
    LaRue LT204 C.A.N. mount
    KAC FF RAS w/ 11 rib panels
    Magpul bipod

Lower:
    MEGA forged lower - had on hand
    BAD-EPS
    BAD-ASS-ST
    LaRue MBT
    Spikes mag release, bolt catch, buffer retainer
    Tactical Link EBAL
    Hogue grip
    Magpul trigger guard
    Brownells A1 stock kit and retro A1 stock

Feedback Score
    Looks sharp!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nicely done. My MK12 Mod1-esque build shoots the lights out. I really enjoy shooting it and I love the look.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Nicely done X. Nicely done indeed. Hey. Speaking of the PIF. You remember those tactical gloves - the rappelling ones? Well my son wears them now when we shoot and train. He's grown into them over the past what...3 years?? Anyway I remember the deal back when we did a PIF/E&E deal on those. I still appreciate it..

But nice build and solid components. I think you're going to be happy with the performance on your BA barrel. I ran the same one on my SPR and it was VERY accurate.

Be sure to post up a range report. I'd like to see if you get similar results as I did.

Well done bro.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Nicely done X. Nicely done indeed. Hey. Speaking of the PIF. You remember those tactical gloves - the rappelling ones? Well my son wears them now when we shoot and train. He's grown into them over the past what...3 years?? Anyway I remember the deal back when we did a PIF/E&E deal on those. I still appreciate it..

But nice build and solid components. I think you're going to be happy with the performance on your BA barrel. I ran the same one on my SPR and it was VERY accurate.

Be sure to post up a range report. I'd like to see if you get similar results as I did.

Well done bro.
    Oh yeah, I remember the gloves. I was scoffed at for trying to give them away on another forum because of the cuts on the cuffs. Crazy.

I’ve been plenty pleased with my other BA barrels and have no doubt this one will be just as good. My guns are usually more accurate than I am.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    Nice... I was lazy on mine I just purchased a complete upper from Bravo.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Delete post
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-26-19 at 10:08.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    18" to 20" rifle gassed guns make me all tingly in the giblets. Nicely done, post some range pics when you get a chance.

Feedback Score
    I am getting ready to start another Mk 12 Mod 1 and O build, just need to get all of the hard to find parts, especially the ARMS 38 rail.

Feedback Score
    Rifle length AR's are really growing on me, nice work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast