Thread: What's the story on this? Form 1's no longer eligible for E-Filing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What's the story on this? Form 1's no longer eligible for E-Filing?

Anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/applications-eforms

The announcement seems to date back to at least mid December but I didn't find out about it until after I had filed my Form 1 via E-File.

I submitted my Form 1 on 12/31 and haven't been approved or declined yet, it's only been eleven days. However it might be a fair bit longer than that before I hear anything because apparently the shutdown has resulted in the ATF's NFA branch being unstaffed. My email that I sent inquiring about the info in the link above received an auto reply that the individual was out of the office - "Due to the lapse in appropriations, I will be unavailable until further notice."

So, anyone know what this change with E-Filing Form 1s is about? The system let me file mine without issue but I'm wondering when the shutdown ends if it will get declined.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/applications-eforms

The announcement seems to date back to at least mid December but I didn't find out about it until after I had filed my Form 1 via E-File.

I submitted my Form 1 on 12/31 and haven't been approved or declined yet, it's only been eleven days. However it might be a fair bit longer than that before I hear anything because apparently the shutdown has resulted in the ATF's NFA branch being unstaffed. My email that I sent inquiring about the info in the link above received an auto reply that the individual was out of the office - "Due to the lapse in appropriations, I will be unavailable until further notice."

So, anyone know what this change with E-Filing Form 1s is about? The system let me file mine without issue but I'm wondering when the shutdown ends if it will get declined.

That's an old non-updated page....

go to:

https://Eforms.atf.gov/EForms

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ah well that's good news, I thought maybe the link I posted superseded everything else. So hopefully my getting approved will just be a matter of weathering the shutdown, however long that takes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Ah well that's good news, I thought maybe the link I posted superseded everything else. So hopefully my getting approved will just be a matter of weathering the shutdown, however long that takes.
    No kidding...

I have an m203 that I need to Form 1 this weekend myself.

I recently did an SBR on a CZ Scorpion at from submission to approval was exactly 8 days - but that was prior to our government acting like spoiled four-year-olds.
    Hopefully it won't be much longer before things go back to normal.... Hopefully

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    At least there was someone present in VA to receive my fingerprints when I sent them, according to my tracking info. Hopefully it wasn't like just Consuela the cleaning lady or something.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's NFA stuff, it was always gonna take awhile.

Pay it, file it, then forget it.

It'll be back... someday...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper1973 View Post
    but that was prior to our government acting like spoiled four-year-olds.
    Hopefully it won't be much longer before things go back to normal.... Hopefully
    The Democrats are hoping that the demand for government "services" will put pressure on Trump to drop his demand for a wall. "Normal" is the government spending like hell unless it actually means protecting our borders from illegal invaders (aka future Democrat voters) in which case they draw the line. My take is that there are more important things at stake here than the quick turn around on a stamp.