Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban 2019

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Assault Weapons Ban 2019

The wings bats have gathered to propose a new AWB as expected:

Washington—Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) today led a group of senators in introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019, an updated bill to ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

In addition to Feinstein, Murphy and Blumenthal, cosponsors of the bill include Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.).

“Last year we saw tens of thousands of students nationwide take to the streets to demand action to stop mass shootings and stem the epidemic of gun violence that plagues our communities. Our youngest generation has grown up with active-shooter drills, hiding under their desks—and now they’re saying enough is enough,” said Senator Dianne Feinstein. “Americans across the nation are asking Congress to reinstate the federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. If we’re going to put a stop to mass shootings and protect our children, we need to get these weapons of war off our streets.”

“Military-style assault rifles are the weapons of choice for mass murderers. There’s just no reason why these guns, which were designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible, are sold to the public,” said Senator Chris Murphy. “This past year, we’ve seen Americans rise up and demand Congress change our gun laws. Banning assault weapons would save lives, and I’m proud to join Senator Feinstein in introducing this bill.”

Cont:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...D-C577212ED17B
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    **** em.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Over 70,000 deaths of US citizens last year directly caused by the hard drugs coming across our southern border. The Democrats could care less about that. We ought to ban the Democratic Party.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Over 70,000 deaths of US citizens last year directly caused by the hard drugs coming across our southern border. The Democrats could care less about that. We ought to ban the Democratic Party.
    Considering there is nothing in the Constitution about the federal government having a say in what you ingest, you really shouldn't want them acting on that either. War on drugs, guns, and similar are power boosts for the powers that be at the cost of everyone's liberties.

Feedback Score
    Not going anywhere for the next 2 years at least. Not to say that I trust the GOP, and they have bent over too much on a lot of gun bills, but they did stand firm against mag capacity laws and the AWB after Newtown, so I can't see anything being different right now.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Not going anywhere for the next 2 years at least. Not to say that I trust the GOP, and they have bent over too much on a lot of gun bills, but they did stand firm against mag capacity laws and the AWB after Newtown, so I can't see anything being different right now.
    Obama was president then so pro wrestling code of conduct and all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    She parades this out every year since 2004. Goes nowhere. Still tho, they should all be hanged for treason simply for trying to pass this.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Where in the hell are the follow-on cases to Heller and McDonald. We need to be cramming those down SCOTUS now before the dems get enough votes to make those wins meaningless.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Where in the hell are the follow-on cases to Heller and McDonald. We need to be cramming those down SCOTUS now before the dems get enough votes to make those wins meaningless.
    That's part of the 100 year plan along with suppressors off the NFA and a few other things.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    She parades this out every year since 2004. Goes nowhere. Still tho, they should all be hanged for treason simply for trying to pass this.
    Nah no need for them to pass is, Trump will just order the Justice Department to make it so.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast