Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban 2019

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ryan Cleckner on the same. I think this guy is worth watching in the coming years.

https://gununiversity.com/assault-weapon-ban-of-2019/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Where in the hell are the follow-on cases to Heller and McDonald. We need to be cramming those down SCOTUS now before the dems get enough votes to make those wins meaningless.
    It's the reason why RBG needs to retire. Roberts is either afraid of or apathetic towards 2nd Amendment cases. Though he has ruled the right way in most of the 2A cases that have made it to the SC during his tenure, he seems to turn away every case that he can, usually on the grounds that there hasn't been a disagreement between the circuit courts on most gun restrictions (because most cases have come up only to the circuits that are stacked with leftist judges), so there is no "final ruling" or "dispute" that needs to be settled. Of course, this is a cop out, and all four other conservative justices are on record saying so. But, unless a state in the conservative 5th through 8th Circuits passes a ban and gets overturned by one of those courts, Roberts won't want to take a 2A case. Another truly conservative justice will probably mean we finally see some of these bans come up to the SC and (hopefully) overturned.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think that this bill and their New Green Deal just shows how far left not only the Dems are but their supporters. They are no longer afraid of being open communists.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Where in the hell are the follow-on cases to Heller and McDonald. We need to be cramming those down SCOTUS now before the dems get enough votes to make those wins meaningless.
    This. I encourage everyone to read the dissenting opinion from the 3rd circuit concerning the NJ magazine ban appeal.
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/12/06/p...udges-who-casu

Law makers must be able to prove that the elements of these laws have a rational base before burdening citizens with restriction on their natural right of self defense protected by the 2nd Amendment.

As we all know in this community, flashhiders, pistol grips, adjustable stocks, bayonet lugs, barrel shrouds, etc have zero to do with how deadly a firearm is. However these charlatans take advantage of the public’s ignorance to win support for these cockamamie laws.

SCOTUS needs to hear a case and put that burden on the law makers. If they cant connect the dots between what they want to ban vs what they are trying to accomplish than it’s an unconstitutional and unnecessary infringement for political purposes.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    With ardent 2A supporters like Pelosi and Trump in charge, I'm sure we'll see massive increases in our 2A rights soon...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not panicking nor am I even caring about guns but...I see that M&P lower and LMT MWS lower within the next couple months

Before any Judgey Judies chime in ....I just really like the S&W rollmark and wanna slap a 1/7 M4 upper on it. And well...I like LMT

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    From the press release:

Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:

Bans stocks that are “otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability of a firearm.”

Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.

Bans assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles by allowing the shooter to shoulder the weapon and fire more accurately.

Bans Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons.

Feedback Score
    Sure seems that their tactics are evolving.

Couple this horese **** with what is happening at the state level across the country, it does not bode well. Maybe dog and pony again, maybe not.

God help us when the next POTUS is Dem. Which I fear is sooner than later. All bets will be off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Sure seems that their tactics are evolving.

Couple this horese **** with what is happening at the state level across the country, it does not bode well. Maybe dog and pony again, maybe not.

God help us when the next POTUS is Dem. Which I fear is sooner than later. All bets will be off.
    Y'all had 14 years. I got all I need, most what I want, mags, ammo, etc.

They do this every year and it goes nowhere so they go after states. But still....

You had 14 years. As chumpbaity as they are...I kinda want a 762 AK. Maybe a PTR91 to go with my original.

Even if it happened today it wouldnt affect me too bad. Still BS that does nothing.

Besides in the 90s they got their ban and were still calling black kids super predators and whining about crime.

Meh screw em. They don't care what happens in your community.
    Just keep paying your damn taxes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    It's the reason why RBG needs to retire. Roberts is either afraid of or apathetic towards 2nd Amendment cases. Though he has ruled the right way in most of the 2A cases that have made it to the SC during his tenure, he seems to turn away every case that he can, usually on the grounds that there hasn't been a disagreement between the circuit courts on most gun restrictions (because most cases have come up only to the circuits that are stacked with leftist judges), so there is no "final ruling" or "dispute" that needs to be settled. Of course, this is a cop out, and all four other conservative justices are on record saying so. But, unless a state in the conservative 5th through 8th Circuits passes a ban and gets overturned by one of those courts, Roberts won't want to take a 2A case. Another truly conservative justice will probably mean we finally see some of these bans come up to the SC and (hopefully) overturned.
    Very well put.

I see that the pistol braces are within their area of perception. Hopefully those will take a legislative cycle to work their way through - and deal with the property issues of banning- so that we have a bit more time before the real bans get here.

It is the state and local laws where the fight is being fought. Fed is just a phony war of posturing.

ETA: With RBG out sick and not hearing cases, I assumed that she wouldn't be able to vote? But someone told me today that she can read the transcript and vote rule anyways? What judge gets to miss work and do some reading afterwards to rule? I assumed that she couldn't vote on cases that she didn't sit on.

Should have impeached her ass when we had the house.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-10-19 at 14:41.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast