Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix: Punisher Season 2

Feedback Score

Netflix: Punisher Season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gJJDcyWK0

New season trailer. Drops Jan 18th?

The first season was OK, the S1 trailer was AWESOME. This one not as good as the S1 trailer. We'll have to see about the episodes.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The main villain is apparently an "Alt-right, christian fundamentalist", which could either be really interesting or really bad and agenda-driven depending on how it's handled.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Remember in the comics when Punisher fought the mob and drug dealers?
    Good times

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Remember in the comics when Punisher fought the mob and drug dealers?
    Good times
    Ah the good ol' days.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Son told me Disney has bought the Marvel franchise and Net Flicks will no longer be able to present any more of the Marvel movies.
    Anyone know if this is correct?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My Son told me Disney has bought the Marvel franchise and Net Flicks will no longer be able to present any more of the Marvel movies.
    Anyone know if this is correct?
    That is correct. Since Disney owns Marvel all its properties are owned by Disney, and they are starting their own streaming service. Now it is mostly the Disney movies with the Marvel movies soon to come. The other Marvel Netflix shows have been canned because of this.

With the adult nature of these shows though many believe that they will be going to Hulu as Disney is the parent company of that service.

As for Frank fighting a crazy alt right preacher, he did fight a vigilante by the name of Preacher who was a lunatic priest that was an axe murderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Punisher being “timely” is stupid and lame.

I wish they would spend their efforts on adapting Punisher: The Platoon or maybe Born

Where you see Frank Castle in Vietnam. The appeal is that he isn’t some wacko with a gun. He is a competent soldier who uses common sense and ingenuity.

The whole appeal of Punisher and its progenitor The Executioner is that the mob kills his family, cops don’t do anything meaningful about it. He uses his combat efficiency to dispatch the mob and just keeps going. Occasionally he fights supervillains. In his very first appearance, the only reason he fought Spider-Man was because he was convinced that Spider Man was a bad guy.

Making him some figure to just shoot someone people get annoyed with is a disservice to the character. The Punisher isn’t going to shoot a jaywalker nor even some hippie smoking a joint in the boys’ room. He goes after human traffickers and mass murderers.

The chirality of Batman and Punisher is that Batman was a kid traumatized by his parents murder. Punisher was back from Vietnam just trying to do the family thing when mobsters did what mobsters do.

I believe if we didn’t live in such a bullshit PC culture that Punisher would be wasting Bloods and Crips left and right.

But that wouldn’t be “socially responsible”

Because somehow some creep with a stolen Bersa killing people in a home invasion is a victim.

Feedback Score
    I'll watch it. 1st season was pretty good. A little over the top but I always collected the comics as a kid. Still have a bunch of the Punisher War Journal comics up stairs in a box.

Feedback Score
    I was pretty disappointed in Season One, probably not going to watch Season Two.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I was pretty disappointed in Season One, probably not going to watch Season Two.
    Me neither.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast