Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best climate on Earth?

Feedback Score

Best climate on Earth?

Was just looking at Wiki about the Azores (I'm bored!). Was wondering what the yearly temps were and was quite intrigued by what I saw. There has never been a recorded frost, snow, or ice at sea level there:

Lows drop into the low 50's in the winter (obviously at night).....that's it! Highs then are in the 60's.

Summer has lows in the 60's and highs in the upper 70's. Very little variance over the course of a year.

Certainly no extremes of frigid, or conversely, baking your ass off. Sounds like the perfect combination of temps to me. I recall reading about a place in Colombia that had similar temps, albeit 5-10 degrees or so warmer than the Azores year-round but the humidity was also higher. In addition it was at altitude being situated in the mountains, so that is why the temps aren't hotter being as it is in Colombia.

Any other perfect weather AO's on this rock you guys have heard of?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-27-19 at 19:49.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    NOT GEORGIA!

You will bitterly freeze one day and roast the next. Very rarely is it ever "just right"

Feedback Score
    my home Maui had to move away sadly in my 40s but sea level that is the weather ya get all year round
    no time change consistent on that to as in sunset sunrise all year round so no radical changes like mainland parts

one side is dry desert the other tropical rain and if you want a few hours you can be in huge pine forests to tropical type rain forest to one of the highest rainfall spots on earth and even freezing cold temps if you go to the summit all within hours of each other since Maui is over 10k tall

Feedback Score
    Good for some people. I think 83 is ideal temp, I like getting in the water and heat does not bother me- i prefer tropical climates.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Good for some people. I think 83 is ideal temp, I like getting in the water and heat does not bother me- i prefer tropical climates.
    And I'm the complete opposite... I'll take a sunny 30F day in the snow over 85 and the beach every time. It's a good thing people are all different or we'd be all jammed into the same climates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Same here. The Azores could use a bump of maybe 5-10 degrees year-round and it would suit me just fine. Upper 70's (in the summer) just ain't swimming weather.

That said, it is pretty decent as-is.

San Diego is another spot I've read has very little variance year-round, but obviously you'd have to live in Kalifornia!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It isn't for nothing that California is overpopulated!!! I don't live there for many reasons, but the coastal climate is pretty nice.

Bermuda is not too different from what you posted for Azores, but slightly hotter in summer, slightly cooler (not cold) in winter, and some risk of hurricanes.

Various parts of Australia, New Zealand's northern island, and Cape Town, SA all have nice climate as well.

Feedback Score
    I saw a thing on TV that said the best weather on the planet was in Lomita CA. I grew up very near there. We didn't have AC and we only rarely turned on the heater in the middle of "winter".

I much prefer hot weather. 100 degree summer days don't bother me a bit. On the other hand, I can also acclimate to the cold just fine. I worked in Des Moines Iowa in Dec and Jan and had no problems. I was sweating like a pig during a warm spell when the temp climbed all the way up to 23 F.
    Last edited by Bulletdog; 01-27-19 at 22:55.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    When I was younger I spent a ton of time outside camping, backpacking, skiing, etc. My tolerance for both heat and cold were very high. Now in my 40’s I can’t stand heat and humidity. The cold bothers me a bit more than when I was young but not as bad as the heat.
    Unless I’m at the beach or next to a pool I would I’d take sunny and 25 degrees over 90 and humid.

Best weather I’ve ever been around is in SoCal but there is 0.000 chance I would ever take up residence there.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've actually researched this a bit using a specific metric that I believe in conjunct with avg. temps yield the best place to live.

The place with the best average temps, but more importantly the most steady barometric pressure (little swings) was San Diego, California. Honolulu was second in the barometric pressure category, but I've been there personally, and the humidity is a real killer.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-27-19 at 22:23.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast